4.3L to ?? swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I'm ignorant of the difference in the paint types myself. Never put much into researching them as I've not needed high heat or true oil resistance. End of the day, choose what you like and can source for the task at hand. Function over looks ultimately.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, as I was masking up this chunk of iron for paint (which I still have yet to find), I noticed a few threaded holes, that of which I'm not sure goes into them. They aren't blind holes, so, any suggestions?

You must be registered for see images attach

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yet another question, and this is a totally new one by me. I was looking at the inside of the bell housing, assessing what I'll have to replace. Then, I removed the clutch release bearing, the bell crank, and the thing the bell crank pivots on.

Well, that little pivot thing is broken and the other half is stuck DEEP inside the bell housing. How the EFF am I going to get that out?

Here's a stock pic from Rock Auto, of what it SHOULD look like.

Any suggestions before I go drilling this out?

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it’s not a press fit, I bet some sort of lubricant and some compressed air would get out. Hose it down, use a flat head in the slot to work all the gunk loose it might fall out.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright gents, I'm hopefully going to tackle this right after breakfast in the morning. Life happens.... couldn't get to it today.

Oh and BTW, I was trying to see if the radiator fan for a V6 was the same for a V8. That's when I stumbled upon a post here that there's actually an UPGRADE for said fan. Seems the plastic, 11 blade fan from an S10 fits the TBI engines.

I don't know when I'll have time to hit the yard up again. Might have to order new if it's not too expensive.