4.3 Vortec idle issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Figuarus

Reaction score
Sorry I havent updated this thread for a bit. Life has been a bit too unkind lately, and fixing my truck dropped way down to the bottom of my priority list...

So, I have looked at all my ignition components, replaced the IAC and the TPS. Doing this helped a little, but it is still revving high, and the idle while not remaining high for long, does still take some time to drop to about 1k rpm.

Im going to pull the throttle body again and double check that I didnt mis-install it when I cleaned it up and replace the gasket again.

Schurkey, I have a scantool, but it isn't a very advanced one. It's not bi-directional. what do you suggest I do or do you have a recommendation on a scantool that will allow me to see the IAC?​

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it was my money, I bought a Snap-On Solus Pro, used, from a seller on eBay.

8.2 software good to 2007 vehicles. A usable battery, some OBD1 adapters, some OBD2 Personality Keys, user manuals on DVD, etc. all packaged in a bigass suitcase to carry it in.

There are other brands of decent scan tools, and computer/software/adapter cable solutions, but I've never used them so I'm not in a position to comment on them.