4.3 TBI to 5.0 TBI question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
ESC (Electronic Spark Control) for Knock Sensor in front, and MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor in the back. To the left (passenger's side of bracket) is your EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculating) solenoid. To the right mounted on the throttle body is your TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), behind it, also mounted on the throttle body is your IAC (Intake Air Control) valve
Will all this swap over to a 5.0?

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
@PlayingWithTBI I have got a 7747 ECM and it has a tuned sst chip in it, the ECM was tuned for a 350 TBI in a 87 k5 blazer, and I feel like this ECM and chip will work, since it’s tuned for a V8 and doesn’t have any transmission controls in it since the blazer had a 700R4, so will this ECM and chip work?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That will be a perfect start, with that ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket and 27FS512 EEPROM chip, it'd be easy to data log and tune it to work with just about any combination you throw at it, with the exception of power adders, LOL. All you need is TunerPro RT, the ALDL cable, a Moates Burn2 and a lot of practice. Or you can get together with dave w (or someone else) on gearhead-efi.com and record some logs, he can tune it and email the new .bin back, then you flash the chip and log some more. Where did you find that ECM? He got one from a bone yard and soldered in the socket for me a while back.

http://www.moates.net/burn2-chip-programmer-p-197.html?cPath=64

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
That will be a perfect start, with that ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket and 27FS512 EEPROM chip, it'd be easy to data log and tune it to work with just about any combination you throw at it, with the exception of power adders, LOL. All you need is TunerPro RT, the ALDL cable, a Moates Burn2 and a lot of practice. Or you can get together with dave w (or someone else) on gearhead-efi.com and record some logs, he can tune it and email the new .bin back, then you flash the chip and log some more. Where did you find that ECM? He got one from a bone yard and soldered in the socket for me a while back.

I just happened to be at work talking about how I needed a 7747 ECM and the guy told me he had one at his shop, he had got it for his k5 blazer and he didn’t need it, so he brought it to me, free of charge, lucky find, just proof it never hurts to ask

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score

the ZIF and chip was done by Old School EFI in Washington, and shipped to VA to the guy I got the ECM from