4.3 TBI to 5.0 TBI question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can also get your BCC modified and burned by someone who can set it to an 8 cylinder and a manual trans. Here's a snapshot of my old .bin with the 7747 ECM where the options are in TunerPro RT.

You must be registered for see images attach

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Do you have a 1227747 ECM (most common for these trucks)? That'll work with a BCC for the V8 and stick shift.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/bin/1227747/

Or you can go with the EBL FlashII and play with it yourself. This is a better option if you plan to build up your engine.
https://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

Yes you'll need a Knock Sensor (not sure if the connector is the same), and a Throttle Body from a 5.7L or at least the correct injectors (get flow matched ones)
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-In...1-GM-TBI-Injector-size-color-and-part-numbers
I really appreciate the info, the only building I really plan to do is maybe a towing cam at most, the 4.3 just isn’t enough, especially for my 16 foot trailer, the manual trans helps but it just doesn’t have the torque I’d like, I just need the factory ECM PROM chip to get the engine to run

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Also I need to know what motor mounts to get, I generally have no idea which ones I need

Reaction score
Also I need to know what motor mounts to get, I generally have no idea which ones I need
remove the offset plates on the frame. (notice how deep the fan shroud is) Put v8 mounts on frame. all accessories should be plug n play. You'll need new v8 shroud and radiator. That's about it to get the motor bolted in.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
If I
if I were to get a throttle body from a 5.7 with injectors and all would the fuel lines screw right in? Also I’ve heard there and a few small differences like the knock sensor, I don’t know what the difference is, but I heard there is one. Will the plugin from the 4.3 knock sensor plug into the 5.7 knock sensor? If not can the plugin be changed?

The knock sensor is the same for 4.3 and 5.7

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
I was also thinking of a 305, (5.0) would it be the same process as the 5.7?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was also thinking of a 305, (5.0) would it be the same process as the 5.7?

Yes..

No matter which way you go.

You need the V8 ECM. Usually cheaper than buying a chip. The ESC module and knock sensor. The injectors are also different.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Yes..

No matter which way you go.

You need the V8 ECM. Usually cheaper than buying a chip. The ESC module and knock sensor. The injectors are also different.
What ECM Would that be? Since it doesn’t have an automatic, it’s a manual.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which ECM do you have? Pull the glovebox and slide the ECM to the left, it's held in place by spring clips on the left side and guide pins on the right. You'll need to disconnect the 2 wire looms (squeeze the blue clips) to remove it and, if it's still stock you should be able to see the Service number label. Then you can remove the cover (2 screws) and look to see what BCC you have. The picture on the right should be like yours.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/BCCFind/

Here's one of mine with a ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket conversion so I can flash my own chips.

You must be registered for see images attach