4.3 tbi dying when hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Low mileage engine. 65k miles. Has run flawlessly as long as i have had it. A few months now. Until today. Very hot today. 105+

Its dying while driving Seems like a vapor lock. Let it sit for a minute and it fired up and ran for 10 mins then died again. Coolant temp never went over 195. Any ideas? Should i be looking for a vacuum leak or fuel pressure issues?

TIA Chris

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have spark when the engine dies?

Do you have fuel spray when the engine dies?

Connect a scan tool and see what's happening as the engine loses power.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
You cannot have vapor lock in a TBI pressure system. Check your fuel filter to make sure it is not partially plugged. Make sure that all of the electrical connections are tight.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You cannot have vapor lock in a TBI pressure system. Check your fuel filter to make sure it is not partially plugged. Make sure that all of the electrical connections are tight.
Ill double check connections, but I have upgraded the ground to body and the + to alternator cable. Ill take a look at the connections @ the firewall.

Also I do plan to replace the fuel filter as this truck sat for awhile.