3rd Brake Light Gasket? …….Maybe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Scan an original, then load it into a Laser Cutting machine.
That would be fast and accurate, the edges would be sealed probably. :gr_grin:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s 1/4” EDPM foam I it got off of McMaster-Carr. You can cut it with a razor knife, it’s closed cell, so it’s self sealing and it absolutely is waterproof. I sent one to @Vanishing Point and he said it worked, as did mine. I sent @LTC_ some material, but never heard back.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Just thinking aloud here, it would seem this would be a good solution to the same deteriorating weather seal issue on any of our body components, I’m thinking side view mirrors, extended cab windows, and taillights as the most obvious examples. Off the top of my head I’m not sure what the LMC et al solutions are for these other intrusion points, but if the EDPM solution works for one it should work for all.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Just ordered some 1/4 inch EDPM from Lowes.6x36 for $17….expensive homemade gasket but it might eliminate one more point of potential water intrusion..my stock 27 year old sun baked gasket is as hard as a Panera sandwich so I gotta do something ..we shall see if the EDPM passes the car wash test , it can’t be any worse

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
It’s 1/4” EDPM foam I it got off of McMaster-Carr. You can cut it with a razor knife, it’s closed cell, so it’s self sealing and it absolutely is waterproof. I sent one to @Vanishing Point and he said it worked, as did mine. I sent @LTC_ some material, but never heard back.
You mentioned EDPM “foam”…. I got what appears to be 1/4” EDPM solid rubber..not foam, it’s heavy and dense…we shall see if it will form and seal, maybe a bead of RTV. If it doesn’t work it could be used as a weapon, it’s heavy duty.