3d Printed Emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We had a salesman come by the shop last week. He was selling a 3-D printer that can print metal parts, even 17-4 inconel. 17-4 is a top top quality stainless steel. The owner of the shop, my boss, was interested. He said that hes been thinking about buying a 3-D printer that can print metal. The salesman even had a small part that had threads that was printed on the 3-D printer. It screwed and unscrewed flawlessly. It was impressive. The machine is $250,000. I know that sounds like a lot, but a MC lathe can run over $500,000. It made me see the future of parts. I dont think my boss will buy one very soon, but I can se it in the near future. It would be cool as hell to have one at the shop. The printer that the salesman had will also do several different plastics, and a carbon fiber like plastic kind of think.
I have not heard of metal 3D printing. Imagine what this will do to the reproduction parts market for the really old stuff, like 30's and 40's and even older! That's awesome, technology is amazing!

Reaction score
Nice work man. You could have a nicely cornered niche market there... how do you get the patterns to print them, is it a file you download or can you scan objects? do you think this magical technology could possibly make, I don't know, maybe, a custom gmc grille emblem? Because if you could, I would certainly throw a whole bunch of dollars your way for the aforementioned emblem.