357,000 Mile 1996 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome. Gonna need some fabricating. I planned on installing a bracket that pivots the 3rd row up like a 07/13 suburban.

What happens if I ghetto slap it a.k.a. just drop it there and I hope it doesn’t fall over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if your parked lol nothing besides it rocking. If your driving either superman forward or fly out any of the glass. If it was me I make sure theres a way to bolt it down with grade 8 bolts. The pivots are a different pattern then the 400. But I've never tried it so couldn't tell you how different it is. Maybe take a pic of the bottom or compare the floors to each other so you can get an idea how to get it to fit. Do you plan on being able to remove it from time to time?

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if your parked lol nothing besides it rocking. If your driving either superman forward or fly out any of the glass. If it was me I make sure theres a way to bolt it down with grade 8 bolts. The pivots are a different pattern then the 400. But I've never tried it so couldn't tell you how different it is. Maybe take a pic of the bottom or compare the floors to each other so you can get an idea how to get it to fit. Do you plan on being able to remove it from time to time?

Yes I plan on removing it from time to time. I was trying to figure out if there was a way to take very large zip ties and just kind of strap it down to the existing floor holes but like you’re saying I don’t think that they’re going to match up I’ll probably figure it mostly out when I get the seat on Monday or Tuesday.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you ever going to have a person sitting in it while the truck is moving? If so, you gotta mount it properly. No question. Failing to do so could be fatal.
If it's just your spot to kick it, it still needs to be mounted well enough that it don't come loose in a crash. Ask any wrecker driver what kind of damage shrapnel causes inside a vehicle, even small stuff. You don't want a chair to the back of the head at 60 mph.

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In that case I might have my uncle make a bracket for me, it’s mostly just to kick it. The huge bulky third row bench wasn’t bolted down when I got it it took forever to get out of the truck even unbolted I’m just glad that this one is smaller no matter how annoying it is to try to fit it in.