357,000 Mile 1996 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK! So I work for the GMC Chevrolet dealer, today was my service appt and Multi-point. Some funny stuff here!

1) The passenger side sway bar endlink was broken, the driver side was no longer there at all.
2) Apparently I am missing some exhaust and didn't even know it!
3) Needed a wiper module, $10
4) Steering box and pitman arm
5) lower ball joints.

Just authorized it all around noon, should have it much safer to drive around by tonight when I leave the showroom. 5.5 hours of labor with a torch that I do not have .... priceless.

You must be registered for see images attach

Pretty awesome the dealer gets to do the repairs. Lot of dealers here say no to anything over ten

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d like to see if it would make it to Georgia; it’s a 980 mile ride to my brothers house lol maybe after I put some miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long as it rides well and starts your good. My baby hit 474k miles and I'm now doing work to the rear suspension and any components I can change with that milage lol. Motor is rebuilt and not original but the original did hit 425k before she bit it. Tranny not original I'm on the 3rd one technically. You being at 360ish you got some life. But as a golden rule. Always check under, up ,down, side, front, back, inside, outside lol before taking it on a long distance trip. You need to make sure your belts are good, fluid it stable and holding, pulleys arnt squeaking. Having spare parts and pulleys go a long way.... these vehicles though were some of gm best vehicles made. All you got to do it take care of it:)

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made a nice little relaxation area and also purchased a single RH side third row seat from a 2010 Escalade? to put as my third row.

Last edited: