357,000 Mile 1996 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good! I like the two tone Burbs, don't see them much. Most original buyers down here went for the solid color. Especially the pewter LOL, most of the people I've known with 400 burbs, they're pewter.

Pewter huh? I don’t like it!! Too plain. So many more of these in Texas than up here in NY. I see a few survivors, almost always black or white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Pewter huh? I don’t like it!! Too plain. So many more of these in Texas than up here in NY. I see a few survivors, almost always black or white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suburban was called "the national car of Texas " by Texas Monthly magazine back in the square body days. 90 or 91 I think ( got the mag somewhere but not where I am now). In Houston area I see all the generations, 400s and newer, every day. Even the 21s!

ThundahBeagle

Reaction score
Hey guys! Meet my Valentine, purchased two weeks ago. I plan on lightly restoring this as a daily cruiser/mile saver for my nice WRX.

So far I have:
ordered my Apple CarPlay back-up camera unit,
threw away the 3rd row which was ruined,
ordered a full carpet,
replaced my grille & all headlights with new clears on 3rd day I owned it and ordered LED NBS taillights,
Installed my own Wireless charger in the center console (I just took this out to paint console black with SEM, so I'll show you the before pic)

Pics attached, and will update when I do more!

Future:
Install new carpet and at the same time deep clean or replace the leather seats.
Replace all front suspension rubber.
Paint wheels black (clear coat peeling and I love the look of these OEM wheels)
Any possible drivetrain issues with 357k :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Sweet exterior two-tone!

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK! So I work for the GMC Chevrolet dealer, today was my service appt and Multi-point. Some funny stuff here!

1) The passenger side sway bar endlink was broken, the driver side was no longer there at all.
2) Apparently I am missing some exhaust and didn't even know it!
3) Needed a wiper module, $10
4) Steering box and pitman arm
5) lower ball joints.

Just authorized it all around noon, should have it much safer to drive around by tonight when I leave the showroom. 5.5 hours of labor with a torch that I do not have .... priceless.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
OK! So I work for the GMC Chevrolet dealer, today was my service appt and Multi-point. Some funny stuff here!

1) The passenger side sway bar endlink was broken, the driver side was no longer there at all.
2) Apparently I am missing some exhaust and didn't even know it!
3) Needed a wiper module, $10
4) Steering box and pitman arm
5) lower ball joints.

Just authorized it all around noon, should have it much safer to drive around by tonight when I leave the showroom. 5.5 hours of labor with a torch that I do not have .... priceless.

Amazing, how the exhaust hanger is still there, but the tailpipe is nonexistent. Glad I don't live in the rust belt.
Although, our last square Burb did have the tailpipe break loose right at the back of the muffler, similar to what may have happened to your Burb. I got the baling wire out and tied the pipe up so it wouldn't drag, till we could get it to the muffler shop. Had it re welded and it was still intact when we got rid of the truck several years later.