3500hd section

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we don't have a 3500HD section yet ;) ;) ;)

Saw this '93 while cruising FB marketplace. Interesting truck since it's an HD, but.. well..

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Homemade extended cab with no details on how they accomplished it. Assuming the easy way - it's a 1500/2500/3500 SRW cab (note no cab marker lights) thrown onto the HD frame, which will mean a VIN to match, making it an instant fail anywhere you might need to get a wrecker inspection, or might catch a DOT inspection as the GVWR indicated by VIN and title will be way off. Or, if they swapped the VIN, bigger troubles ahead. Only way I know you could accomplish this 100% successfully would be grafting the two cabs together like my buddy Robbie did, retaining his original HD VIN tag.

Next up, the more glaring issue, the bent frame. Super common on the early HD's since they didn't come with the boxed frame section that came along around '95.

It's a 6.5td and is described as runs but "needs a lift pump and then gone thru"

18' Chevron rollback bed, actually I think a lot of those early HD rollbacks were 17' but if he says this one is 18' it's probably 18', dunno. It's not a lot of bed for modern vehicles you might haul these days.

Not trying to salt the man's truck, for $5K it's probably worth it or near worth it. It's just not for me.

Richard
I'd love to have that (without the 6.5) for personal use. One day....

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Crew cabs were made by GM.

Extended cabs fit on the 159.5" wheelbase frame.. I suspect there may be some slight massaging needed at the very rear of the cab floor area to clear a crossmember, and you have to move the rear cab mounts, obviously.

GM offered 135.5", 159.5", 183.5", and probably some others not right off the top of my head as I'd have to go into the sales info to see. I've seen a 3500HD crew cab with an 11' flatbed. That was stupid long.

Richard

I really want to do a flatbed off roadcamper with an extended cab on a 3500hd chassis for my next project. A crew cab is too long and it seems really rare in the 3500hd but an extended cab would allow me to recline the front seats and sleep in the cab if i had to. The heavy duty frame of the 3500hd would be a perfect to put a larger camper on.

I figured that it would be close to get an extended cab on the stock truck with maybe with some rear floor work. For the mounts you would just add another set of cab mounts at the rear. I think the extended cabs have the mounts in the regular cab postition as well as one at the far back of the cab. It shouldn't be too big of an issue.

I guess I would just need to find a 1ton extended cab to register it at a somewhat decent weight capacity. I wouldn't want to deal with the work to graft on an extended cab.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Found this 3500HD in Houston, Texas area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230607-095320.png
    Screenshot_20230607-095320.png
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 9