3500HD handles/rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IIRC you have to swap the lock assembly side to side. The lock rods are different but the door opening one is the same, just shaped lil different. I hate chrome, but I might go that route on the 2000 truck, since it will have chrome here n there, but black might not look as good, nor painted body color. Got a ways to go on that one yet....

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. The cylinders have to be rotated. Only difference is orientation of the metal clip , otherwise the lock pawl will not even go on.

going with the open rod, essentially it is the same , just 1/2” shorter on the hd handle. See one of my posts how i reused them originally. They are actually the ones im selling in my extra set.

rebel04343

Reaction score
I just paid for a set. I'm not usually one to impulse buy, but I've been struggling for at least 2 or 3 years to find all hardware.
Plus, if what I was told is correct; the rods and hardware work with the factory door latch mechanisms and door rods.
did you ever get your set? Ive tried to contact him multiple times and gave an order for the rods the other day. Have not received a shipping notice in a week.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did you ever get your set? Ive tried to contact him multiple times and gave an order for the rods the other day. Have not received a shipping notice in a week.
I got mine, amazing quality, but my already damaged door latch completely came apart when I tried to install them, I've got the replacement latch just no time to install it. I got a hold of him directly through FB and he got me on the right track to order.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

https://www.instagram.com/obs_josh/

Is Josh here in the forum?

Getting these handles is not something I'm currently interested in, as I've got other projects right now, but I know this swap gets brought up every so often, so I thought I'd share.
Not quite a year later, since I'm searching for rods to use with my old HD handles..

It appears Josh's handle project is defunct? His site (customobshandles) shows "out of stock" on every item, and if I try clicking the FB icons on his site, I get this error: "User opted out of platform: The action attempted is disallowed, because the user has opted out of Facebook platform."

Richard

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Not quite a year later, since I'm searching for rods to use with my old HD handles..

It appears Josh's handle project is defunct? His site (customobshandles) shows "out of stock" on every item, and if I try clicking the FB icons on his site, I get this error: "User opted out of platform: The action attempted is disallowed, because the user has opted out of Facebook platform."

Richard

His instagram page is still there. There's also a contact form on the custom handles page, you could try.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

Richard

Richard, he seems to be back in stock, now.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Richard, he seems to be back in stock, now.
Thanks - I figured he'd just disappeared. Site showed he had 8 in stock of the rod kits. Just ordered 1.. because I'm a sucker. It feels like a lot of money for some rods, pawls, and clips, but I simply don't have the spare time to go hunting all over Houston for a boneyard that I could rob those from. I've found (like many others) in the past that trying to buy just the handles or other parts is a no-go at most places, even if you offer to replace with the other parts. They wanna sell you the whole door.

Richard