350 won’t start seems like timing is off 2000 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clevy04

Reaction score
Friday it was -10 here and I was using my pickup and let it run pretty much all day. At one point I go and put gas in it then a couple hours later while idling it starts loping almost. It’s was idling down to around 300 rpm’s almost to the point of stalling I went and drove it and it seemed fine. Then I shut it off and now it won’t start. Almost seems as if the timing is off.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do? I’m going to put some heet in the tank as this all started with new gas but I don’t think that’s all the problems at this point. Also going to look for a filter

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How old are the usual "tune-up" parts? Cap, rotor, plug wires, plugs, fuel filter, air filter, PCV system checked, Evap system checked, etc?

Cap problems seem common with Vortec 5.7Ls.

What is the fuel pressure?

What is the battery voltage?

Connect a scan tool, look at the data stream. Verify EVERY sensor, verify the computer outputs.

clevy04

Reaction score
Cap and rotor are around a week old, previous owner claimed to have done plugs and wires around 5k miles ago. Air filter is new. Voltage while running was 14-15ish. Others I am unsure of.

If it was evap wouldn’t I have issues trying to fuel it? Like taking forever to fill up.

Going to check pressure in a bit, I’m reading some kind of similar symptoms pointing towards a fuel pump

clevy04

Reaction score
I can hear the fuel pump run. When you first try to fire it up it acts like it wants to go but like the timing is way off. Would the MAF sensor freeze up and cause this?

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At one point I go and put gas in it then a couple hours later while idling it starts loping almost. It’s was idling down to around 300 rpm’s almost to the point

If the PSI is good, test the gas. Knew a guy who checked/replaced everything but finally figured out that the gas he just got, was mostly water!

Otherwise I'd suggest to check the dist gear, after all the easy/normal stuff. My neighbor had his go.