350 to 454 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a posts while searching on my phone, now I can't find on my laptop. I want to potentially swap a 454 into my 99 with the 350. One search result said that didn't swap the wiring, used the stock 350, changed very little. Also even used the 350 ECM/tune till got it flashed. I'm debating this route or building the 400 block with Vortec heads and a Ramjet intake. I can get 2 454s, thinking both the same price, but neither have wiring/ECM.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I want to. Mainly cause I don't wanna deal with the tuning aspect of a 406, Ramjet, roller, blah blah. I found a truck complete with a running 454/4l80, so just take entire wiring out n install in mine. Then can convert mine to A/C, cruise, all that good stuff lol. I was looking to see if anyone knew the wiring side, I did find the post again but still left alot of things unclear....

Sthtx Nick

Reaction score
I'm actually contemplating doing a 454 swap on my 88 instead of camming and head swapping my 350, I'm thinking of going carburetor though as I've read several times that trying to keep the factory type fuel injection is a pain plus if you swap to a carb and add headers, performance intake manifold and the right cam and carb it nets you the most horsepower gains. I'm kinda worried about my built 700r4 surviving.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That was a couple trucks ago lol, sold that now have factory 454's. But no you shouldnt have to move the crossmember, not if staying with the same trans....