350 tbi injectors suddenly louder ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane colvin

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brand new throttle body put on about a year ago, checked all vac lines, map sensor,pvc, new 02 sensor. Sounds like extra air coming from somewhere. Suddenly louder than it normally is. Someone please help,

Last edited:

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
The injectors can not suck extra air. The noise that you are hearing is the air that is being pulled through the throttle body. It is normal. You need to find out why the truck is stalling unless you shut it off for the video. Hook the truck to a scanner and find out what the data stream is showing and THEN we can offer some constructive advice.

shane colvin

Reaction score
The injectors can not suck extra air. The noise that you are hearing is the air that is being pulled through the throttle body. It is normal. You need to find out why the truck is stalling unless you shut it off for the video. Hook the truck to a scanner and find out what the data stream is showing and THEN we can offer some constructive advice.
Just suddenly got louder than normal the other morning,i turned it off in the video just to show the noise. I’ll have to get a scanner and post the data stream as soon as I can. Was thinking it could possibly be the fuel regulator or something. i Still have a lot to learn that’s why I hopped on this forum,

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't tell from your video but the IAC (Idle Air Control) can cause a hissing noise when it's open. Maybe it's trying to compensate for another issue by opening up more than normal? As my favorite Evil Uncle said, get a scanner and look at the data stream.

Edit: I changed the acronym for IAC to Idle Air Control - don't know why I put Intake originally - duh!

Last edited:

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't tell from your video but the IAC (Intake Air Control) can cause a hissing noise when it's open. Maybe it's trying to compensate for another issue by opening up more than normal? As my favorite Evil Uncle said, get a scanner and look at the data stream.
This, and often the result of the CTS going bad and reading too "cold" causing too rich of mixture, engine begins to bog down so the PCM opens up the IAC trying to keep the idle speed correct.

Richard