350 Swap, wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy666

Reaction score
Hi,

So i got a hold of a 1996 5.7 Vortec together with the 4L60e and transfer case so I´m doing a complete swap but I stumbled on the wiring stuff and thought maybe I could get some help/input:

I have the Black box and engine fusebox together with the wiring for the motor,transmission and transfer case. So it should be "plug and play" but then it´s the bulkhead, what wires from the bulkhead in the vortec wiring should be splised into the TBI harness?
I´m wondering if I´m forced to make two standalone harnesses, one for the motor and one for all the accesories in the truck (wiper, lights and so on).
But should it be enough to find the ignition wire from the TBI harness and plug it in the Blackbox for the motor to work?

Thanks for all the help I can get!

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Easier to swap dash, harness and all. I prefer the 95-96 dash but whatever you can get complete

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just looked at a truck done way your asking, its not bad but will need wiring pinout to figure it out