350 swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
So you are sending the unfiltered tach output into the PCM? I'm surprised that works at all, or for very long.

Rich-stepside

Reaction score
So you are sending the unfiltered tach output into the PCM? I'm surprised that works at all, or for very long.

Well it's worked in my friends daily driver for nearly 5 years and in mine for close to 6 months
Now. Your using the factory tach signal wire that came directly from the factory distributor to the pcm. Maybe I'm missing something but what's different in what I'm doing it compaired to the factory? They are both taking a signal from the pickup in the distributor and sending it to the pcm.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will probably be attempting the first startup in the next couple of days. I’ve got spark, fuel and air, now all I’ve got to do is mix them and hope I did everything like I was supposed to. I still need to order the tps, plumb the cooling, and figure out a way to mount the stupid ac bracket, or at least a way to mount a tensioner pulley somehow, in order for it to run and drive. The oem V6 a/c and tensioner bracket don’t bolt to this V8. The power steering/alternator bracket fits minty though.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So everything is lining up and falling into place slowly but surely. However I am unable to find a solution to my accessory belt situation. I planned on just moving all the V6 belt drive stuff to the V8. But the AC bracket doesn’t fit. And the ONLY reason I need to have that bracket on the truck is because it has the tensioner pulley on it. Do y’all have any ideas? Because I’m stumped.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I started up the truck for the first time yesterday! The thing sounds amazing (open headers help lol) I Jerry rigged the throttle cable bracket to work. Now all I need is the tps and to figure out the serpentine belt situation and she’ll be driveable. In theory anyway, I’m sure something will pop up though lol

Last edited: