350 5.7 Engine Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshgrizzy24

Reaction score
Can someone give me some direction as to some good books or online tools for rebuilding a 350 5.7. I have been watching youtube videos day in and out and i am working with an engine shop who is finishing up machining my 350 block, crank, pistons, and cyclinder heads. This is my first engine rebuild and i just dont want to ruin the engine when i start putting it back together.

Thanks much

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a service manual that covers your model year. A GM manual is the best but will be a 4 book set that covers EVERYTHING on the truck and they'reexpensive. Sometimes you can find a used GM set on Ebay a little cheaper. A Haynes or Chilton's manual will cover mechanical stuff mostly and will have all the torque specs and procedures you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a dozen books dedicated to rebuilding/modifying small-block Chevies.

All of them have something useful to say. None of them are Totally Comprehensive.

An Amazon search of books regarding Small-Block Chevrolet will yield numerous hits. (132, I looked just now. Not all hits are worthwhile, and some are repeats.)

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rebuilding the motor is pretty straight-forward. It's all nuts and bolts. What you won't find in any rebuild instructions I've run across is an explanation of the block plugs. I always find myself referring back to this article: http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/83818-block-plug-basics/

I have a copy printed off in my shop, and I've saved it to my computer.

HillcrestFarm

Reaction score
Can someone give me some direction as to some good books or online tools for rebuilding a 350 5.7. I have been watching youtube videos day in and out and i am working with an engine shop who is finishing up machining my 350 block, crank, pistons, and cyclinder heads. This is my first engine rebuild and i just dont want to ruin the engine when i start putting it back together.

Thanks much

Check out this link for your service manual in pdf.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-95-service-manuals.43575/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk