$350 1999 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the fabric? Was it regular fabric or foam backed? How many yards? Sorry for the 20 questions lol

The fabric came from ebay and its foam backed headliner material and I bought either 2 or 3 yards

I used to buy it from a local fabric store before they went out of business

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So next question, what did you use to trim your new carpet, razor, some sort of scissors?

Usually use a utilty knife. Sometimes just a razor blade but I dont recommend that its rough on the fingers haha. Scissors also work good espically if you get to a spot and need a small trim

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the trans back in and everything went well wasnt real excited about 3rd and 4th shift not being as quick and firm as I wanted so dropped valve body and deleted the accumulators.

Now is where more is better thinking got me in trouble cause while I was there I drilled out 2nd,3rd, 4th feed holes to .120" in separator plate which absolutely fixed the issue too well.

Considering its a CCLB chirping the tires shifting to 2nd and 3rd,4th chirp the belt and feel like a prius rear ending you lol.

So new separator plate is in waiting on gaskets and ill be sure to get pics this time

Almost forgot did some maintenance work replaced valve guide seals to cure smoking only when extended idle.
But while I was there the valley pan, valve covers where starting to leak so those gaskets got replaced along with knock sensors. You know just the usual LS issues with some miles on them.

Last thing I promise haha but been experimenting with wife's circut and made me a decal.

You must be registered for see images attach

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Its not bad. More then anything make sure the carpet is straight (side to side) I screwed one up once and end product looked like crap
I went back out and trimmed it up a little, I feel a lot better about it now. I’m still trying to get the trimming right around the floor vents under the dash and around the accelerator pedal.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went back out and trimmed it up a little, I feel a lot better about it now. I’m still trying to get the trimming right around the floor vents under the dash and around the accelerator pedal.

Just take your time and make small cuts and where bolts go through floor i always cut an X so if you mess up its not as noticeable as if you cut a hole out

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small update. Didnt expect my valve body gaskets for another 4 days but they came early.

So I have a few pics inside a 4l80e as if anyone is interested lol. I didnt get many being that cleaning off trans fluid took to much time just for a pic

1st pic is ant farm on trans case side

2nd pic is valve body with the accumulator delete plate installed and to the right of the valve body is the accumulator assembly for 3rd & 4th that plate deletes

PSA for anyone that deletes the accumulators DO NOT drill out feed holes in separator plate unless you want whip lash with every shift