$350 1999 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That should look like it was born that way. I like mods like that!
The square body color combo like that is a dark metallic brown (darker than root beer, think milk chocolate like a Hershey's bar) and a non metallic cream( like Manila drawing paper, the stuff we used in grade school). Our 79 was that combo, and we had a 79 Chevy rental pickup in that combo during summer 79 when our parts store shop truck was getting rebuilt after its first wreck. It was a pretty truck, with the graduated color stripes on the hood, like many trucks did back then. Our old Burb was a nice looking truck too, when it was clean, before it got ricocheted off a fence in Dallas at a swap meet. Scrunched the right side doors and quarters a bit, but the doors still opened and the windows still rolled down. Was in June so that last part is important LOL.
Don't remember the paint codes, but I'm sure someone can figure it out.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The square body color combo like that is a dark metallic brown (darker than root beer, think milk chocolate like a Hershey's bar) and a non metallic cream( like Manila drawing paper, the stuff we used in grade school). Our 79 was that combo, and we had a 79 Chevy rental pickup in that combo during summer 79 when our parts store shop truck was getting rebuilt after its first wreck. It was a pretty truck, with the graduated color stripes on the hood, like many trucks did back then. Our old Burb was a nice looking truck too, when it was clean, before it got ricocheted off a fence in Dallas at a swap meet. Scrunched the right side doors and quarters a bit, but the doors still opened and the windows still rolled down. Was in June so that last part is important LOL.
Don't remember the paint codes, but I'm sure someone can figure it out.

Ill have to check that 78 when we get it back to shop for the LS and see if I can get paint codes for some reason I never thought about it. Guess I'm just a little slow lol

Do you have any pics of those trucks?

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Ill have to check that 78 when we get it back to shop for the LS and see if I can get paint codes for some reason I never thought about it. Guess I'm just a little slow lol

Do you have any pics of those trucks?
I don't think I do, we lost most of our photo albums in a house fire. There's one I still have that has some truck pictures from around the late 70s and early 80s, but it's not where I'm at now. I'll look at it the next time I see it though, probably this weekend. I know the yellow 78 is in this book, but not sure at what point in its life it is.
IIRC Chevy used this color combo in the late 70s brochures; I recall seeing some and thinking "that looks like our trucks ". I think @1-ton-o-fun had a pic of this combo on one of his threads. Either him or @Dravec. I know they both talked about it....

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I don't think I do, we lost most of our photo albums in a house fire. There's one I still have that has some truck pictures from around the late 70s and early 80s, but it's not where I'm at now. I'll look at it the next time I see it though, probably this weekend. I know the yellow 78 is in this book, but not sure at what point in its life it is.
IIRC Chevy used this color combo in the late 70s brochures; I recall seeing some and thinking "that looks like our trucks ". I think @1-ton-o-fun had a pic of this combo on one of his threads. Either him or @Dravec. I know they both talked about it....

My dad had two trucks this combo.

One was an '80 C10 Chevy sclb, 2wd lifted on 33s, and an Olds 350 diesel converted back to gas. It was actually painted in F*&# colors by the guy he got it from.

The other was an '84 GMC Sierra 1500 that he had for about three months before it was stolen.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Haha yea and the whole time you antsy bout getting it done and come up with more ideas
Yup that's the bad thing about me finally getting to the yard. I saw stuff out there I want to get for the Burb, or that I can probably resell. Swap meet season is starting up in Texas.....
But for the truck, I want tow hooks, a washer bottle, the proper valance for the tow hooks (saw that on a truck, but the hooks were gone), and several interior parts.