34's on my '98 Busurban K1500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my tires are from the junkyard and about 8 years old, so I'm looking at getting a new set very soon.
You must be registered for see images attach

I was just going to get a brand new set of 31x10.5x15s, but I found these 34x9.5x15 super swampers on craigslist near me.

What are the chances that I could get these tires to fit underneath my truck?

The torsion bars have been cranked a bit to clear the plow it used to have, so I'm thinking "maybe?" without any major modifications.

Anyways, it's got some 15x6 trailer wheels, and the 31s look kinda squeezed as it is. Though since the 34s are narrower, it should be okay right?

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also want to know (even if they do sort of fit) how stupid of an idea really is it?

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
So width wise your ok. those shouldn't hit the frame or bumper mounts . however Im curious about the height. I know a 33 with no lift Will fit depending on backspacing ect.... But Im assuming your using your stock wheels?
If so you might be ok. I think they will fit fine if your willing to trim a little or crank on a Torsion bar a few turns and add a AAL or 2 inch lift block.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
And by fitting fine Im saying with minimal off-road flex. if you plan on stump jumping the thing there might be some issues

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So width wise your ok. those shouldn't hit the frame or bumper mounts . however Im curious about the height. I know a 33 with no lift Will fit depending on backspacing ect.... But Im assuming your using your stock wheels?
If so you might be ok. I think they will fit fine if your willing to trim a little or crank on a Torsion bar a few turns and add a AAL or 2 inch lift block.
My wheels are Pacer 229S-5660-1's.

They are basically trailer wheels.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
They'll be a snug fit. There are some members on here that have gotten away with 315/75r16s (basically a 35x12.5) on stock rims with a crank and a block in the rear. However, your speedo will be off, acceleration will be slow, etc. If you've got 3.42 gears, I'd be doing a gear ratio swap too for that tire size (4.10 minimum). I'd personally stick with 31x10.5's.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Super Swampers are fun, not fun for a daily driver. I would stick to an aggressive all-terrain or a more "road friendly" mud-terrain

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best tire swap I ever made was from Super Swampers to Yokohama Geolanders on my daily driven '02 Wrangler. Less noise, I didn't have to rotate them every oil change, and I dropped the diameter an inch so I could maintain speed uphill.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They'll be a snug fit. There are some members on here that have gotten away with 315/75r16s (basically a 35x12.5) on stock rims with a crank and a block in the rear. However, your speedo will be off, acceleration will be slow, etc. If you've got 3.42 gears, I'd be doing a gear ratio swap too for that tire size (4.10 minimum). I'd personally stick with 31x10.5's.
Yea, I do got 3.42's, I'm probably going to stick with 31's.