3 y pipes choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnzboy

Reaction score
I have a 95 c1500 5.7. I have the magnaflow y pipe in hand and also the flowmaster y pipe in hand. Both look great! Trying to decide on which one and I came across the jegs offroad y pipe. I do not have to have a cat so which would be better? I like the fact that the jegs one is 2.25 inlets. All three are the same price of $178.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if you delete your cats your check engine light will be illuminated due to the post-cat O2 sensors not getting the correct signal. If you go with the JEGS pipe with no cats, you'll have to either get a tune to eliminate the post-cat O2s, or figure out some other way to fool the PCM.

Personally I'd keep the cats. I run a Magnaflow Y-pipe on my red truck and it's great. Much better than the factory piece.

Johnzboy

Reaction score
Keep in mind that if you delete your cats your check engine light will be illuminated due to the post-cat O2 sensors not getting the correct signal. If you go with the JEGS pipe with no cats, you'll have to either get a tune to eliminate the post-cat O2s, or figure out some other way to fool the PCM.

Personally I'd keep the cats. I run a Magnaflow Y-pipe on my red truck and it's great. Much better than the factory piece.

Mine is a 95 and and only has the one 02 before the cat.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine is a 95 and and only has the one 02 before the cat.

Ah, I wasn't aware that the TBI trucks didn't have downstream sensors. Seems odd but whatever. In that case, do what you like.

Johnzboy

Reaction score
Ah, I wasn't aware that the TBI trucks didn't have downstream sensors. Seems odd but whatever. In that case, do what you like.

Thanks for the input though! Maybe some one will chime in with experience on one or all of the 3 listed for the tbi trucks.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
i made my own on my gmc c1500, but i had flowtech mid-length headers. used a flowmaster y-merge. tbi engines are OBD1, no post cat o2 sensor. if you haven't had problems, you still might want to install a heated o2 when you do the new y-pipe, due to the fact the exhaust will flow better and keep temperatures down in the pipe.

any will suit your needs, pick the best quality for the price.