3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@HotWheelsBurban you are so right. It’s been a decent job. Tonight I used a steamer to get out some deep stains but didn’t get any photos.

Also fixed a couple loose interior pieces that probably would have been fine, but I knew they weren’t right and it bothered me. Ended up tearing out all the extended cab interior panels to fix them.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had some time over lunch so I removed the Silverado badges. Short work thanks to an eraser wheel, goo gone, and some Griots speed shine to clean up any left over stuff. Came out good. I think the truck was repainted at one point. There’s a little bit of orange peel on the cab, fenders, bed. It’s not noticeable unless you’re close. Doesn’t bother me much, if it were super clean I’d never want to drive the thing. I like having something I’m not afraid to drive.
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got the interior put back together. Didn’t get any pics of the seats back in, it was too dark by the time I was done. Will grab some tomorrow. I think the carpet looks pretty good.

Before:

After:

Passenger side sill plate is messed up. It’s back in place but isn’t straight. And they rammed the screws down in there so tight that they are stuck in the plate itself and it’s broken. So I’ll be on the look out for one of those.

Also fixed my vent issue. I never had AC on head. Only feet and defrost setting worked. I cleaned up the spring assembly that moves the doors and it works great now. I used some 3D orange degreaser and it worked really well.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great day at the salvage yard. I went back and pulled every good interior piece off of a 95 K1500. It was the same truck I got some stuff from originally. All of this for $56. It was half price day. Side glass, extended cab panels, rear cab panel, arm rests, ash trays, dash bezel, sill plate, vents, and visors.

Yes, this is the carpet in the house I rent. I am not ashamed!

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received my OEM badges today. My truck is not an SLT, still might try to find the right SLE badges. Anyone need the half ton badges? $10 and buyer pays shipping and they’re yours. I obviously won’t be using them or need them as a spare.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fixed some loose headlight nylon nuts on my grille. I used ABS cement to fix the broken tabs and just mounted the push nuts in the cement as well. Now they don’t flop around. I need a new grille, this one is a little rough in spots. If anyone has a lead on one, let me know. I’m willing to pay shipping or travel. I could use a good road trip.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Figure I’d start one of these. Will be slow going for a bit. Plans are:
Upgraded audio
Tint
Exhaust
5/7 drop
Rust repair
Wheels/tires
Helper bags

Might change my mind with the drop. Want to keep it functional and the roads in IL are garbage, but it’s where I live and I’ve always wanted a lowered truck. I’ve got a second truck to daily if needed.

158K miles, motor replaced at 125K with a low mileage unit. 350/4L80e, 4.10s. It’s maroon interior and is a little dingy but will clean up great with a bit of work. I really like the 88-94 dash but this is growing on me. Truck is originally from Utah and hasn’t been in the Midwest long. It was sold in an estate sale when the owner died and sat for 2 years, which is how I think it started to rust. Anyways, here is the truck.

It just needs 2 more back tires to be perfect!