2wd front winch mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
My darling wife wants me to look into buying and mounting a winch on our truck. Kind of one of those 'better to have it and not need it then to not have it and needed it last month'. She recommended it for like situations of pulling some one out of a ditch or even myself (though as of yet I have not driven one into a ditch, but I know there is "always the first time").

What is the best way to mount one onto this truck?

Also what weight rating do most of you run on your trucks?

Culterworks

Reaction score
Cheapest I could do at the time, 12k winch. 1/4 steel plate cut and drilled. Couple snatxh blocks and I've pulled over 20k line tension.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cheapest I could do at the time, 12k winch. 1/4 steel plate cut and drilled. Couple snatxh blocks and I've pulled over 20k line tension.

You are replying to a thread that is well over 5 years old. The OP hasnt been on here in years. Look at the date on top of the avatar. That tells you when the thread was posted.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is old thread but I had mine mounted to a cradle that would attach to a front hitch(modified rear hitch) before I got my winch bumper. Problem with cradle is they aren't that good for tight angle pulls. I broke the cradle couple times pulling at about 90 degrees but it still got me unstuck.