285's on a Dually?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camok10

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really sure were to post this. I'm looking at getting a 4x4 cc Dually it needs tires and I have some 285 75 16 laying around. How woolly they fit on the rear? I'm assuming I need spacers. Also dose any one have pics of this setup maybe on one?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have looked into this for our dually. You'll need two and a half inch spacers if you don't need to run tire chains and 3-inch if you do. I am currently running 265 on the front and 235 on the back, any wider in the rear and I would have to have a spacer now. The front tires do not rub but they are darn close.
Also for the safety of others on the road, don't cheap out on the spacers. There is a company called Freds out of Texas. They make steel hub centric spacers, those are the ones you want.

camok10

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm not planing on chains because there not allowed in MI. How close are your fronts? Have turned up your t.b's any?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Totally stock, no crank. So close that when I lost just one screw on the fender flare, it rubbed while backing up.

camok10

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh She should be fine then, nothing a lil trim and crank can't fix.