2500's can't tow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was going to send you a message about it, but for some reason it won't let me send pictures through PM's. Probably some minimum # of posts requirement or something hell i don't know.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nothing particularly special about it. Just a base model 305/5 speed with a bunch of IROC-Z parts on it I've picked up over the years. It's my first car, 13 years later I finally have a garage and still can't manage to get work done on it lol. Damn truck needs more work still before I can get back to focusing on it.
How it currently sits, while I try to find a product to take the rust-like discoloration out of the clear/white reverse lens.

My buddy is slowly convincing me to buy a 3rd Gen Camaro; he's got 3; two genuine IROC-Zs, and a ******* RS.
Personally I think the G-Body Monte Carlos are pretty sweet.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My buddy is slowly convincing me to buy a 3rd Gen Camaro; he's got 3; two genuine IROC-Zs, and a ******* RS.

Do your homework. At that age, you could get a rot box. G bodies are pretty bad about this.

Chrisdidwht

Reaction score
I was going to send you a message about it, but for some reason it won't let me send pictures through PM's. Probably some minimum # of posts requirement or something hell i don't know.

Nothing particularly special about it. Just a base model 305/5 speed with a bunch of IROC-Z parts on it I've picked up over the years. It's my first car, 13 years later I finally have a garage and still can't manage to get work done on it lol. Damn truck needs more work still before I can get back to focusing on it.
How it currently sits, while I try to find a product to take the rust-like discoloration out of the clear/white reverse lens.

Had one just like that. Corvette 350 L98 5speed.

Chrisdidwht

Reaction score

I have a gbody monte Carlo. It's pretty ratty but I love it

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If what you say is true, it still doesn't debunk Uhaul's logic. A 1500 Suburban can't load the actuator the way OP's truck could with hydroboost.
I have two surge trailers, a few with electric and even a few small without brakes. Too much braking in the tow vehicle can be a problem. Braking into a curve for example, the tow vehicle locks up during the slight surge delay, you will jackknife. Towing with surge is a learning experience, it is not as much of hook up and go as electric brakes are. I'm guessing rentals are conservative for that reason. I know no trailer should be hook and an go without any thought but surge is just a little different, I plan ahead even more.
I've never been in a wreck but the few times I have been in a bad situation, it was more due to weight on the rear of the vehicle than it was due to braking.