2500 leafs on my 5/7 drop 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam Strasser

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve been getting my 95 c1500 ready for autocross and just regular street driving. The front suspension is nice and stiff with the drop springs I’m using but the back end is really soft. I bottom out a lot and the truck tends to under steer pretty bad. I added a factory rear sway bar and I’m working on relocating some weight to the bed. I’ve read how the 2500 leaf springs potentially will bolt right in and stiffen the suspension. What I’m concerned about is people saying that it can raise the rear of the truck. Will it raise it at all since I have a flip kit? And does anyone have experience doing the same thing on their truck with a flip kit? I’m also open to just going with helper springs with the 1500 springs but wanted to explore this route.

Duck-Wurk

Reaction score
I had 4/6 done my 3/1 leafs were so tired the axle sat on the notch. I ordered some 5/1 from General Spring. Stiff enough I'm going to coilovers upfront for a better ride control.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's no such thing on a 400 as a 1500 leaf or 2500 leaf.
A "2500" leaf pack is a "1500" with 1 or 2 extra leaves. The main leaf on both trucks are the same size and same arch.

Now the dually is different, as is chassis cab. But those are 3500's...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve been getting my 95 c1500 ready for autocross and just regular street driving. The front suspension is nice and stiff with the drop springs I’m using but the back end is really soft. I bottom out a lot and the truck tends to under steer pretty bad. I added a factory rear sway bar and I’m working on relocating some weight to the bed. I’ve read how the 2500 leaf springs potentially will bolt right in and stiffen the suspension. What I’m concerned about is people saying that it can raise the rear of the truck. Will it raise it at all since I have a flip kit? And does anyone have experience doing the same thing on their truck with a flip kit? I’m also open to just going with helper springs with the 1500 springs but wanted to explore this route.
The 4+1 pack spec'd for the 7200 gvwr 2500 (aka "light duty" 2500, or 6 lug) will stiffen it up a bit over the 1500's 3+1 pack, without going crazy. IMO you don't want a pack spec'd for a regular 8600 gvwr 2500 as that would be a 5+1 and probably too stiff.

With the flip kit you won't get any lift out of the increased spring rate. On my '94 C2500LD with the flip kit I ended up putting my stock shackles back in because it squatted a little in back and looked stupid.

Richard

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went from worn out 3/1 leafs to brand new 4/1 in my truck and that back end kicked my butt over potholes. It raises the back end an inch or two depending on how bad the old ones were. Some comes from the extra thickness but most of the lift comes from the springs being stiffer so a flip kit wouldn't matter.

And yes all single rear wheel pickup springs are direct bolt in. SUV and dually springs are different.

You might also look into hydraulic bump stops. It's what the desert guys use for those hard hits.
You must be registered for see images attach