2015 Style Tow Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Much appreciated!
Just read your build thread on your red truck - nice looking truck you made.
Cheers
Mark

Thanks! It's definitely come a long ways from when I bought it. I'm actually planning on getting a pair of K2XX mirrors for it at some point so I've been doing a bunch of research on them.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went through the thread you provided, I'd had seen it before but couldn't find it again - nice write up, thank you.
Need to go through your thread again, but I didn't see an easy way to shim the motor/glass to bring the passenger mirror view towards the truck - any thoughts on this?
I have seen somewhere, that someone grafted factory 2015+ oem mirrors onto the aftermarket bases we have but I recall something about the slide posts being different lengths - have you seen/captured that little gem?
Cheers
Mark

Last edited:

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just got these mirrors but have an issue. I ordered the loaded mirrors with heating (as my stock ones were heated and great) but upon inspection of the new mirrors and the stock connector, there is a big difference. Anyone know what's going on?

You must be registered for see images attach

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just got these mirrors but have an issue. I ordered the loaded mirrors with heating (as my stock ones were heated and great) but upon inspection of the new mirrors and the stock connector, there is a big difference. Anyone know what's going on?

Ended up probing everything with my variable power supply, made 2 schematics, dismantled the new mirror connector and the oem connector, then putting the contacts of the new mirror into the old connector. Mirror is now mounted and working great. Just need to do the passenger one now.

deven bullis

Employed by the big blue hexagon
Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with their K2xx style mirrors vibrating? My NBS ones just started vibrating like crazy at all speeds and I’m sick of it and ready to buy a new pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with their K2xx style mirrors vibrating? My NBS ones just started vibrating like crazy at all speeds and I’m sick of it and ready to buy a new pair

Yes my upper ones vibrate a decent amount at idle and highway speeds. I fabricated a thick metal support bracket to bond the inner bolts and that helped some, but most of the vibration, I suspect, is coming from the wind. Maybe some weights added to the glass could help.

deven bullis

Employed by the big blue hexagon
Reaction score
Yes my upper ones vibrate a decent amount at idle and highway speeds. I fabricated a thick metal support bracket to bond the inner bolts and that helped some, but most of the vibration, I suspect, is coming from the wind. Maybe some weights added to the glass could help.

I went ahead and bought some k2xx ones and they’re not disappointing me so far!