2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Daily Driver!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
For a while, I was looking for a "gas getter", but couldn't settle into a pedestrian feeling economy car. After going back and forth between a CTS-V, C6 Corvette and a G8 GT, I finally found a very nice G8 GT. One owner, 100% bone stock, 82,000 miles on the clock!

I usually buy a new car yearly, but with "inflation" and the other bull-**** going on, it wasn't worth buying new. I sold both my 21 and 19 Ram's late last year to capitalize on the insane used truck values and replaced them with my GMC.

I've never ordered a car online, let alone from Carvana. Figured, well, what the hell.. we'll give a try.

Talk about an absolutely painless and easy process, it took 10 minutes of paperwork and the car was scheduled to be delivered the following weekend.

Delivery day was great! The driver texted me about two hours before delivery, requesting some paperwork.

You must be registered for see images attach

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I did notice at time of delivery, the car had some stone chips on the front fenders, hood and other places that weren't noted by Carvana.

I asked the driver to put the car back on the truck and take it with him, as it didn't match the description. He offered a solution, so instead we went over all of the chips and scratches on the car. Which Carvana agreed to pay a bodyshop of my choice to basically repaint most of the car and replace the scratched passenger headlight with a new GM lamp.

This is after two weeks in paint shop jail.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Totally unable to be content with a "stock" vehicle, I went to work.

Funny story, I had the Vararam Intake and BTR Stage 2 cam / DOD delete before the car even arrived.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Interesting fact about me, I absolutely cannot stand the feeling of "Greasy" or worn leather items. Be it a shift knob, steering wheel or even seat surfaces. So, ordered a brand new shift knob, turns out it was shipped from Australia. The paperwork included was pretty neat, especially the list of Holden Accessories.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I can't stand incandescent bulbs, after driving so many newer vehicles for years. Went ahead and added LED hi/lo and fog bulbs to the car.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
At this point, the car was an AWESOME driver! Knocking down 24mpg with the DOD on and 22-22.5mpg with the DOD turned off.

Decided to ditch the fish bowl feeling and went with 5% tint all around, with the exception of the front windshield.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Registration time, came and went. So I went with a classy license plate, for a classy guy.

I don't have any pictures, but around the same time, I installed a brand new set of 1-7/8" Kooks longtube headers, Kooks X-pipe and a set of Magnaflow axleback mufflers.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
2008 G8's were equipped with "Atari Gauges" above the radio and hvac center stack, while so many people complained about them, GM removed them in the 2009 cars.

I found a kit sold in Australia by a company called JHP, they reprogrammed the "Atari" style gauges to a more usable readout and add engine oil temp.

Let me tell you, at this point, I figured out these cars were assembled entirely with phillips head screws. Being a truck guy, I almost always have a 7mm bit driver in my pocket. It was almost a refreshing change.

Also interesting fact on over engineering, you have to disassemble approximately 65% of the dash board, to install the gauge display.

Before:

After:

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
It was time for some new wheels and tires on the 2020 Camaro, so decided to switch it up with some black ZL1 wheels, that means the G8 got the camaro's hand-me-down 20" wheels.