2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Daily Driver!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Going back to being unable to be content.....

Went ahead and ordered some black 19" wheels for the G8, wrapped in new General G-Max AS-05 tires.

You must be registered for see images attach

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Sadly, it's nearly impossible to maintain a perfect car AND drive it at the same time. :(

Memorial day weekend, I took the wife and daughter out to go see a late showing of the new Top Gun movie, which started at 10pm. We didn't even get out of the movie until 12:45ish AM.

While on the return trip, down the highway from the city, I saw a MASSIVE raccoon run out in front of us. Doing 70+ down the highway, I surely wasn't going to swerve to avoid the raccoon and chance going shiny side down. So, hit it at 70ish mph.

Got off the highway, saw the radiator was leaking, front bumper was obliterated.

Started shopping parts, was going to pay for the fix out of pocket to avoid an insurance claim. I've never made an insurance claim in 21 years of driving..... Until I started pricing things. The cooling stack was totally damaged, new front bumper was needed, as it was unrepairable. Made an insurance claim, had to wait a week to drop the car off at the same body shop that painted it in January.

Insurance adjuster called, car is getting a new GM front bumper, lower grille, fog lamp, inner fender liner, radiator, condenser and some other odd items.

It's supposed to be done this Friday!

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I hit a Raccoon going about 80 in my mini cooper when I had it, I totaled it lmao. $4600 in total damage, parts cost for all new OEM stuff was like $6200. I had 12K or so in work done to it between Engine, Suspension and the likes. It was such a fun car.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I hit a Raccoon going about 80 in my mini cooper when I had it, I totaled it lmao. $4600 in total damage, parts cost for all new OEM stuff was like $6200. I had 12K or so in work done to it between Engine, Suspension and the likes. It was such a fun car.

I was worried, that would happen with this car.

The adjuster said and I quote: "I saw I was going to look at a 2009 Pontiac, I figured it'd be pretty rough. But when I saw it, I made sure this car was getting all OEM parts."

He did tell me, the ACV of this car was $25,000 and some change, I was blown away.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sadly, it's nearly impossible to maintain a perfect car AND drive it at the same time. :(

Memorial day weekend, I took the wife and daughter out to go see a late showing of the new Top Gun movie, which started at 10pm. We didn't even get out of the movie until 12:45ish AM.

While on the return trip, down the highway from the city, I saw a MASSIVE raccoon run out in front of us. Doing 70+ down the highway, I surely wasn't going to swerve to avoid the raccoon and chance going shiny side down. So, hit it at 70ish mph.

Got off the highway, saw the radiator was leaking, front bumper was obliterated.

If that's what you call "obliterated", then you should see the complete junk around here that passes inspection.

That's a mint bumper cover here in NEPA.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hit a raccoon doing 60 in my Mustang years ago. It broke the aftermarket lip spoiler in two, but no other damage. I haven't replaced the lip spoiler, but I also lowered the car an inch and a lip spoiler would destroy the bumper if someone else drove the car and pulled up to a curb.

SlowZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a while, I was looking for a "gas getter", but couldn't settle into a pedestrian feeling economy car. After going back and forth between a CTS-V, C6 Corvette and a G8 GT, I finally found a very nice G8 GT. One owner, 100% bone stock, 82,000 miles on the clock!

I usually buy a new car yearly, but with "inflation" and the other bull-**** going on, it wasn't worth buying new. I sold both my 21 and 19 Ram's late last year to capitalize on the insane used truck values and replaced them with my GMC.

I've never ordered a car online, let alone from Carvana. Figured, well, what the hell.. we'll give a try.

Talk about an absolutely painless and easy process, it took 10 minutes of paperwork and the car was scheduled to be delivered the following weekend.

Delivery day was great! The driver texted me about two hours before delivery, requesting some paperwork.

Is that your LT1? I like the debadging done. Auto or manual?