2006 Escalade ESV 2500 Platinum Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Still tons of work to do, but it's back together well enough to roll it around. Had two spare 285/70R17 BFGs to throw on the H2 Special Edition wheels, so I mounted those.

You must be registered for see images attach
I love that color, what is the name and code(whenever you get a chance, no hurry!). I wish GM had offered this on the 400s, but I've just seen it on later 800s and early 900s. I want to paint my old(1953) GMC pickup this color because it looks so good on curvy body lines and contours. Thanks!

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I've abandoned the fruitless search for a reasonably priced 4L80e/NP246 combo from behind an LQ4, and instead have decided to use the known good 80e from the 97 Suburban and a much more common locally available 27 spline NP246.
TransGo HD2, 4L80e flexplate and crank spacer showed up today. I snagged a 2003-06 NP246 on Sunday, and ordered 32 spline input shaft, 6 pinion planetary, overhaul kit, and a case saver today.

Looks like I'll need early LS fuel rails (99-03?) to work with the fuel system on the 01 frame and I need to find replacement tank to engine fuel lines.
Looking at part number applications, it looks like the 2001 ABS pump is fine but I will need a newer ABS module to work with the 03+ electronics.

I love that color, what is the name and code(whenever you get a chance, no hurry!). I wish GM had offered this on the 400s, but I've just seen it on later 800s and early 900s. I want to paint my old(1953) GMC pickup this color because it looks so good on curvy body lines and contours. Thanks!
Riptide Blue is what it's called on the Cadillacs. Same as Bermuda Blue on the Tahoe/Suburban.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I've abandoned the fruitless search for a reasonably priced 4L80e/NP246 combo from behind an LQ4, and instead have decided to use the known good 80e from the 97 Suburban and a much more common locally available 27 spline NP246.
TransGo HD2, 4L80e flexplate and crank spacer showed up today. I snagged a 2003-06 NP246 on Sunday, and ordered 32 spline input shaft, 6 pinion planetary, overhaul kit, and a case saver today.

Looks like I'll need early LS fuel rails (99-03?) to work with the fuel system on the 01 frame and I need to find replacement tank to engine fuel lines.
Looking at part number applications, it looks like the 2001 ABS pump is fine but I will need a newer ABS module to work with the 03+ electronics.

Riptide Blue is what it's called on the Cadillacs. Same as Bermuda Blue on the Tahoe/Suburban.
Thanks!