2006 ECSB 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After looking for months, I finally found a truck that isn't rusty, have high miles, or have the paint baked off of the top surfaces! I have been looking all over the US to find what I was after, wasted much $$$ to go and look at 'clean' trucks that were actually not (surprise haha). I ended finding this about 75 miles from home. It was a trade in at a dealership - came from ND. Nothing fancy - just a W/T model, but it is CLEAN, rust free, only has 92k miles, and has the 4.8l v8.

This truck will be used as a nice weather commuter/dirt bike hauler. It will never pull a trailer, or carry anything heavy. It should work perfectly for that stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far I have removed and sold the tonneau cover and nerf bars.

The wheel covers went into the trash, and then(the wheels) were painted satin black. I like steel painted wheels on my stuff. They typically don't leak, I like the look, easy to maintain, and the kids don't want to steal them. :)

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Somebody had installed 265's on the truck. The tires were near needing replacement, and with a 4.8, I want the stock 245's so I ordered Hankook dyna pro HT's.

Also ordered a rear 2" drop.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Removed the rear seat for more room. It came with a bed mat, which is another thing that I don't want. I do like the rubber that they are made from though. I cut one up back in '98, and have just ran out of rubber, so it is nice to have another one. I cut part of the new mat and attached it to the back wall for protection/sound deadening. I put studded dirt bike tires and bicycles with studded tires (etc) back there.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the finished (until we are done building our new house) product. The new tires seem to work really well. Even for a 2wd, it is easy to move around in the snow. This pic is about as much snow as this truck will ever see though.

The rear bumper was red from the factory, and was peeling. I stripped the paint and painted it the same color as the wheels.

I didn't put the drop shackles in the rear yet - am still a little on the fence about that. The truck handles pretty well as is. Maybe just some better shocks... And a black front bumper and grill...