2005 LLY Duramax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lets see. Here are some changes i've made to the truck recently. This summer it got new 20x10 Moto Metal wheels with 33"s, smoked headlights, tail lights and last but not least paint matched the grille.
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And recently, I had to have the head gaskets done. The LLY Duramax are the most common in the GMT-800 era for head gasket failure. Had the heads machined, re-installed with ARP head studs. Also did a bunch of other replacements and upgrades including some stuff from HSP Diesel, EFI live tuning etc

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Havent done much to the truck except daily drive it, and upgrade a few things. So i dented both passenger side doors up in Vermont on a trail at night awhile back, you can kind of see in the photo below. I also haul scrap on the side, this is what helps fund my projects :)

Towed a few things

Enjoyed a few weekends upstate

And today I removed the side steps as they are broken on one side. I like how it looks without them. Now it just needs a small lift. I've been contemplating doing the 4" Cognito lift and turn it down to a 3", keep the truck level.

And put on a new tip the other day. Went with a smaller one, i originally had a 8" on it.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's all the crap you have?
Pretty much, with the exception of more garage stuff that didn't fit. We have a house with a downstairs (where I stay) that has a full kitchen, living room/dining room, bedroom and bath. Long Island is super expensive, so it only made sense to stay with family. No shame at all, it saved me more money for my vehicles.
Arrived in Tucson on Sunday! Arizona is beautiful. If you haven't been, go. Weather has been in the mid to high 70s. NY has turned into Seattle at the moment with gloomy skies and endless rain. Guess I left at the right time.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Checking out what will most likely be my new place. Truck didn't fit in garage length wise, but that was most likely because of a work bench thats in the way. It might fit if i remove it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rob h