2002 Tahoe sweet deal in hard times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I've had her back for a couple of weeks now. Already got the brand new pioneer head unit and all 4 alpine 6.5 door speakers installed. Girlfriends dad tunes the whole system for me and it sounds amazing. Clarity turned all the way up even with the subs hitting hard. No distortion at all and no unusual sounds from the speakers. I'm more than happy with the speakers and radio I chose.

Another update finally washed her after 2 months or more since the last wash. Did a little extra as well to get her looking somewhat right. Pleased with the work I put in. Took about 3 hours and 3 breaks haha.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been on here. Not sure if I had mentioned this but had to do rear brakes. Let them go a little too long and ended destroying one of my rotors. Also have a hub going bad up front and have to do front brakes. I've got the front brakes and one hub just haven't installed yet. Just had to get a new window switch today. Dang thing was 67 bucks employee price. I can only imagine customer pay.

Another update my amp blew up finally so I was without subs for a bit but my lovely girlfriend picked me up an amp for my birthday and I'm back running now. Sounding better than ever as well with everything tuned together properly.

I also have a 50 inch light bar to go across my windsheild just not installed yet.

Hopefully more changes coming soon as I can afford them. I've recently come into a 84 k10 that when all the paperwork is done will be my main focus other than maintaining my Tahoe as my daily.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have just purchased an '03 Tahoe from original owner with 247k hwy miles and been reading all your posts. Mine is a 2wd. It gonna be my daily driver and I am going to give my 5.3 swapped '94 C1500 a break. I am looking to lower it, just in no rush now. Just going to fix all the small things and getting running right. Looking to change the cabin filter, spark plugs, put trans oil in the engine to flush it out, trans oil and filter change along with a Corvette servo and trans cooler. I have seen guys do some nice subtly mods to these trucks like an Escalade rear glass and third brake light swap, Escalade door handles and Rear pillar covers. I will be looking to get 20's when I lower mine 2/4 drop, nothing crazy. So far I have added my 7 year old HIDs, that I had from my old '00 silverado, then had them on my wife's '05 camry and I took them off when I sold that, and they still work bright as heck. I bought them from DDMtuning.com and have never had a blown bulb or ballast. Good quality.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I have just purchased an '03 Tahoe from original owner with 247k hwy miles and been reading all your posts. Mine is a 2wd. It gonna be my daily driver and I am going to give my 5.3 swapped '94 C1500 a break. I am looking to lower it, just in no rush now. Just going to fix all the small things and getting running right. Looking to change the cabin filter, spark plugs, put trans oil in the engine to flush it out, trans oil and filter change along with a Corvette servo and trans cooler. I have seen guys do some nice subtly mods to these trucks like an Escalade rear glass and third brake light swap, Escalade door handles and Rear pillar covers. I will be looking to get 20's when I lower mine 2/4 drop, nothing crazy. So far I have added my 7 year old HIDs, that I had from my old '00 silverado, then had them on my wife's '05 camry and I took them off when I sold that, and they still work bright as heck. I bought them from DDMtuning.com and have never had a blown bulb or ballast. Good quality.

You must be registered for see images attach

Id try to find like a 2/3 or 3/4 kit. Itll probably look pretty squatted with 2/4.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id try to find like a 2/3 or 3/4 kit. Itll probably look pretty squatted with 2/4.
The pic is the stock height (top pic) and lowered 2/4 (bottom pic). This is from "Agearhead4life" forum....

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
The pic is the stock height (top pic) and lowered 2/4 (bottom pic). This is from "Agearhead4life" forum....

I guess that does look alot more even than i thought.