2002 Tahoe sweet deal in hard times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol sounds like the smart thing to do. Tires are ridiculously expensive. Makes me cringe thinking I have 2 vehicles that will need them by winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol sounds like the smart thing to do. Tires are ridiculously expensive. Makes me cringe thinking I have 2 vehicles that will need them by winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've only had one new set of tires on my tahoe. And been trading up and around ever since. I trade down in value and get money or material things on top. Traded a buddy of mine and he didn't have cash so he's getting a 52 inch light bar and mounts for me. It's fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the z71 18s and 285 Toyo R/Ts on now. Ride good still pull decent but get plugged up really quick. They are kinda low tread but jot terrible for 500 bucks.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't been on in a bit but here's a small update. Transmission went out on valentine's day. Lost 3rd gear on i20 going about 60 or 70. Got on it going into the fast lane and upon downshifting to passing gear she tacked out at 6k rpms. Still have 2nd and 1st. It was a long drive back. I was about 30 min or so kind from home, 45 min the was I had to drive cause I couldn't take the interstate and who can afford a tow truck. Truck has been parked since that night. So haven't gotten it rebuilt waiting on taxes so I can afford it. Luckily we have a local shop that does great work and alot of 4l60e so it's being upgraded along with a shift kit and other slight modifications internally to beef it up and make it shift harder and tighter. Can't wait to have it back. But in the mean time been driving my grandpa's 04 tahoe 2wd. Only 116k miles and rides like a dream.

Another update once my trans is fixed I'll be installing a new pioneer head unit and all new alpine door speakers. Might try and get the bass knob installed as well.

I really need some new ideas for this thing. I've led pods I need to get mounted somewhere. I want to try and led swap my kc lights I never installed and use them as "offroad" lights. Just need so more ideas from others.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well truck is going into the shop this week. Trans shop said 2 week turn around time. Getting it rebuilt, beefed up, shift kit, and other mods to the weak points while they are there. Also getting the rear main seal put in while the trans is out the truck. 1900 isn't too bad for the work from a very reputable shop that I have person experience with.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quick question to anybody that looks at this thread. Do yall think my truck is squated or leaning a little. Guy over at gmfs had to say something about it squatting.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Quick question to anybody that looks at this thread. Do yall think my truck is squated or leaning a little. Guy over at gmfs had to say something about it squatting.

It looks about 1.5-2" taller in the front. I think tahoes look squatted all the time though. My 08 has 2" spacers in the front and 2.5" in the back and it still looks squatted at least an inch. I always figured that was the look you werw goin for lol. If your interested i have a set of 1.5 or 2" coil spacers from my 01.

Last edited:

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully getting my tahoe back this week. Really miss having my own truck. Been driving my grandpa's 04 tahoe for the past month.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got my tahoe back about a week ago but had to take it back so they could take care of a few issues. No problems with the transmission just things out of place. The 1-2 shift is really hard. Loving having it back. Ready to get the new radio and speakers installed this weekend.