2000 K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

missouritig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello

I bought this 2000 k3500 at auction this year and had plans on getting it road worthy and sell it. I didnt realize how much I appreciated the styling of these so Im kind of wanting to just keep it .

So far Ive replaced the exhaust manifolds and exhaust donut flanges and did some electrical connection cleaning.

I will be replacing the transmission shifter cable, brakes and parking brake cable, turn signal lever, and pretty much all front end bushings and the wheel hubs.

Took quite a while to get an account on here, there are tons of threads I wanted to see for the photos.

Attachments

• D4DE4329-B06B-4CDE-9E72-92DA7CC6F04D.jpeg
    D4DE4329-B06B-4CDE-9E72-92DA7CC6F04D.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 24

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice truck, what powertrain? I have the slightly larger version (97 C3500 CCLB,5.7). I also like the styling and engineering of these trucks; I've had a 400 series Burb for many years and recently acquired the big truck.
Welcome to the forum (and the pewter truck club!).

missouritig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice truck, what powertrain? I have the slightly larger version (97 C3500 CCLB,5.7). I also like the styling and engineering of these trucks; I've had a 400 series Burb for many years and recently acquired the big truck.
Welcome to the forum (and the pewter truck club!).
5.7 4l80 with the full float rear axle. The transmission feels great, the cable I think is too stretched so it wont shift down to 1st even after adjustment.

I was an idiot and bought it sight unseen, but the auction place isnt far from me. Ended up working out alright! I was hoping it had the 454 though.

The only gripe I have is the fuel injectors being hidden inside the intake. Everything else reminds me exactly of my 2002 1500 5.3/4x4 so this feels very familiar.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Damn! Nice find. That's a rare truck (3500, single cab, with 5.7L and full float rear).
Yep, even the crew cabs aren't super common with the 5.7. One reason I wanted the one I got, since my Suburban also has that engine. I don't need a big block for what they'll ever tow. A CCLB is a little much truck for some situations, but just right for most of the things I need a truck for.

Racesmith

Reaction score
5.7 4l80 with the full float rear axle. The transmission feels great, the cable I think is too stretched so it wont shift down to 1st even after adjustment.

I was an idiot and bought it sight unseen, but the auction place isnt far from me. Ended up working out alright! I was hoping it had the 454 though.

The only gripe I have is the fuel injectors being hidden inside the intake. Everything else reminds me exactly of my 2002 1500 5.3/4x4 so this feels very familiar.
Yepper, I just bought my first sight unseen truck. I am pleased, but it did not go quite like I expected. "What is good to some people is junk to others" - noob online buyer

missouritig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yepper, I just bought my first sight unseen truck. I am pleased, but it did not go quite like I expected. "What is good to some people is junk to others" - noob online buyer

Since then ive gotten a lot of work done on it, Im definitely keeping it!

I ended up buying another truck sight unseen and it ended up working out great, except its a Ford!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@missouritig, if you don't mind me asking, where are you in Missouri. I used to live there before I moved to PNW 27 years ago. If you get stumped on something and cannot find the answer here, I know of a great shop in the greater KC, Mo. area.