2000 k3500 rear brake question and axle question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iroc-turbo

Reaction score
2000 K3500 cab and chassis 5.7 auto 4x4

I keep having trouble with driver side rear brake dragging.All new hardware and brakes.Im pretty sure its the ebrake cable. But im to the point of just swapping the rear to a disc brake rear.

The disc brake rear is from a 2006 2500hd.The disc backing plate mount area on the axle tube is way smaller than mine. So no brake swap without swapping the entire rear.

Is this feasible or even worth it?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also have a 2000 K3500, but a CCLB SRW...and a 14 bolt disc axle from a 2500HD that I was going to use for another project. From what I've gathered, the spring perch brackets have to be shifted. IIRC the WMS of the newer axle is like 1" wider. Mine are both 4.10/G80, so no worries there. I would attempt to swap the entire axle if I decided to swap. My K3500 rear brakes work just fine, so I haven't convinced myself to try...got other projects going on. There's something about changing proportioning valve to go from drum to disc. I don't what that means honestly. And I have no clue about parking brakes.

Now, I thought the Cab & Chassis axles were narrower? Can you check the WMS of both axles?

Look here: http://www.billavista.com/tech/Articles/14-Bolt_Bible/index.html

Although he doesn't really cover the 14 bolt disc version...:(