2000 K3500 Crew Cab Long Box Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been awhile since an update. Working hard trying to get things together before winter.

I’ll update later but for now, I just finished reassembling rear doors after paint.

Here’s a teaser photo of how things have been... raptor liner ain’t perfect but the truck is a workhorse so the most important thing is delaying rust and durability.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Late night trying to get some big stuff done. Fuel tank is back in and hooked up. Box is sitting on the frame(still needs paint). Will be getting painted next weekend. The raptor liner definitely likes to accumulate dust... guess we will see how it cleans up when the work is all done.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
More progress... but no photos yet.

Swapped composite lights for quad sealed beams. I don’t want to have to restore the lenses every few years.

Ran the headlight wiring and installed the radiator. Swapped in a new to me a/c condenser from pick n pull. Also installed new ebrake cables, and ran new rear brake lines from the front of the cab back.

New keys cut by code for all the lock cylinders and ignition cylinder. Installed a long overhead console and middle “round style” map lights.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been working as much as possible in the evenings to get this thing rolling. Once done I can post more detailed updates.

This weekends big project was exhaust. Installed a new to me(from pick a part) 3” dual with x pipe flopro exhaust system. Looking forward to hearing what it sounds like.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Removed the steering box, removed pitman arm and replaced pitman shaft seals. Bolted steering box back up, deleted evo from the power steering pump. Got the fan, and fan shroud installed, and upper and lower rad hoses. Was a productive 2 hours.

Any suggestions for the hydro boost power steering fluid? ATF or actual power steering fluid?