2000 K3500 Crew Cab Long Box Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upgraded mpfi injector unit and upper intake installed, along with headers.

You must be registered for see images attach

These headers are the amazon deal of DNA MOTORING HDS-GMC85 Stainless... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01I3TA3BU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share for TBI engines and since I am deleting egr they will work. Fit and finish is nice, would be nice to have a tiny little bit more room to get a closed end vs open end wrench on the bolts I can get a socket on.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My map sensor seal/oring is buggered...

Had a hard time sourcing seal separate from the sensor. Looks like gm part number 16194007 and no parts stores here could cross reference, and the dealer was special order from the states at $15 plus shipping.

Dug around on the interwebs and found this HD part number 11291. Went to the local Harley Davidson shop and they had tons in stock...

Seems to fit like a glove on the sensor and the manifold. At $2.61 after tax I’m willing to see how it lasts.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well damn, that looks identical to the GM part. Likely is. I last ordered one from the dealer for like $8 and it came from Kentucky? They're like unobtanium, great find.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know! The weatherpack seal on my MAP harness connector looks the same, so I have to assume I’ve got a similar issue.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Painted inner fenders and remaining frame of the cclb.

Waiting for parts to arrive this week and should be able to slam the engine and tranny in next weekend. Until the parts come in I need to finish cutting the hole in the tranny tunnel for the 5 speed, mount the clutch pedal and wire everything in. Also need to clean up the last bit of engine bay wiring.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed new engine mounts to the frame this evening.

New parts arrived... NV4500 input shaft seal, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, and transfer case input shaft seal. Managed to get the NV4500 input shaft seal replaced tonight as well.

On the to do list before the weekend is to finish cleaning up/routing the engine bay wiring back to its location. If done before the weekend I plan to install the engine in the mounts Friday night.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Managed to get the engine installed in the frame, the clutch installed, and the transmission mounted up over the weekend. Oh, and can’t forget the portion of the 3” body lift on the cab.

Time to route the wiring... but not before I install the smaller brake pedal/clutch pedal assembly. Luckily my truck came with the clutch pedal mount attached to the firewall. All I needed to do was drill the holes for the master cylinder in the firewall and bolt everything up.

For those looking to swap 88-94 pedals into the 95+ model years... clutch pedal fits fine after shuffling some wiring around. The only problem you may have is if trying to swap in the 88-94 “skinny” brake pedal. The newer pedal has a different bend to it to clear steering column mounts.

88-94 pedal is on the left, 95+ on the right.

88-94 laying on top of the 95+

I just trimmed my “wide” brake pedal down to the “skinny” pedal size.

Next steps are to drill new holes in the frame for the tranny crossmember mount since the nv4500 is different length than the 4l80e it is replacing.
I originally thought the donor truck crossmember would make things work, but it’s the same.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the new holes drilled for the tranny crossmember. Got everything mounted up and torqued down for the tranny. Installed new input shaft seal on the bw4401 transfercase.

Bench pressed the transfercase into place and got it bolted up to the NV4500.

Other than that I extended my shifter to remain similar to stock after the 3” body lift. Used a bolt with the head cut off and nut on each end. Works well and fits the budget.

Mounted some of the wiring brackets to the engine and got the throttle body installed after cleaning the IAC.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drilled holes for cab lights, sanded cab and taped everything off. Cab is now painted, inner fenders are mounted and rad support should be installed tomorrow.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rad support is mounted. Cab light harness is installed, just need to order new lenses. Liquid gold is in the nv4500. Doors are disassembled and ready for paint prep, along with front fenders, and hood.