2000 K3500 Crew Cab Long Box Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to wedge the lip of my flares and fenders on the back side and trim the bumper, now the old bumper was bent back so that didn't help my clearance issues, it clears fine with the new one; but I still do rub if I'm turning just right, and my truck was cranked up a little over an inch or so.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Separated tranny and torque converter tonight. Grabbed these pictures, looks like the front seal was leaking slightly. And I pulled all numbers I could from the converter. Any way to tell if this is original or aftermarket?

You must be registered for see images attach

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
in the 4th pic (where you can see "4L80-2") looks like it's been struck by something on the left...

Unfortunately my pictures show all that is stamped on the converter and there is no sticker.

Firewall and about 50% of the frame is painted. Slowly getting the underside of the cab ready and prepped for bedliner.

Ordered headers for the engine today, and plan to place a rock auto order in the next few weeks to provide me with remaining parts to finish combining the two engines.

Ive decided not to lift the truck but to run 285’s as that’s what all my vehicles run right now.

Looking into paint colours and thinking of a Matte red or blue... hard to find pictures of cclb GMT400 in anything matte for examples.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found this on google. Digging the matte red & black look, even if I’m not a lowered dually. Looks like a Matte base with a satin clear?

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Received first order from Rockauto today and headers came in from amazon. I am always impressed with quality of parts and the shipping speed up to Canada.

In the picture is the following:

- DNA motoring stainless shorty headers(willing to take a chance for the price)
- new timing cover
- new timing set
- new 1.6 ratio stamped rockers(should complement the ramjet cam nicely)
- motor mounts
- tranny mount
- torque converter seal
- new head bolts
- new roller lifters

Just waiting to borrow an engine hoist from a friend and the 350 that’s getting revived from the donor truck will be on a stand and ready for new parts.

Last edited:

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up a nice surprise from the pick n pull yard today during the 50% off weekend. Went for a browse to see what had rolled in during the last week and found this hiding in a 1993 K2500.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After scoring the NV4500 from pick n pull on Saturday I felt motivated to pull the donor engine from the parts truck. Managed to get it out, mounted on the stand and stripped down almost as far as I want to go without a better cleaning/degreasing.

Once clean I will be pulling the top end And swapping in the new ramjet cam/lifters, and rebuilt/ported vortec heads with 1.6 rockers. Intake and updated mpfi spider are ready and waiting as well. I plan to also pull the oil pan and check everything over quick while installing new rear main seal and pan gaskets.

Looking forward to have it running again as it was rebuilt 20,000km ago and last ran 10 years ago... I am still a few months away from being able to fire it up, but looking forward to getting it rolling under its own power before the fall.