2000 K3500 Crew Cab Long Box Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made some progress again tonight. Engine and transmission are out... it sure would be nice to have a garage one day! Dark pic, but that doesn’t matter.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Damn what a mess, typical of age and mileage though. Do you have a pressure washer? Heads are way easier to deal with out of the truck.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
First round of pressure washing done. Still needs some good wirebrushing/scrubbing but much cleaner. Had to work on some of the interior since it was raining. Typical rust problem under drivers flooring. A quick wire wheel and brush and PoR15 followed with Bedliner and we should be good to go.

Also cleaned up the back two feet of frame and applied some POR 15. Plan is to finish wire wheeling the rest of the frame and apply two coats of POR 15
followed by bedliner.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the 94 parts truck in the driveway last weekend. Also removed the drivers side inner/outer fender, dropped the gas tank, and started cleaning up the rest of the frame for paint. Under the cab is cleaned and just needs the be sanded for paint as well. If I am lucky I will have the underside of the cab and the firewall painted by the end of the weekend.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will you be swapping over the lift from that parts truck too? I think it would look pretty cool

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will you be swapping over the lift from that parts truck too? I think it would look pretty cool

It’s a 6lug 2500, I plan to do some measurements to see compatibility. All the research I have done say it’s different but visually mounting points look very similar.

The tape measure will tell...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Upper control arm mounts and diff mounts are different. The swap from 6 to 8 lug has been done, but it involves welding.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upper control arm mounts and diff mounts are different. The swap from 6 to 8 lug has been done, but it involves welding.

I can now confirm this. Guess the 6” lift will go up in the classifieds as I do not want to weld the frame. 3” body lift will go up for sale as well since I am not a fan of body lifts on trucks that haul.

Should be able to fit 285’s with a torsion bar crank and 2” block, right?