2000 k3500 crew cab dually short box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen a few here in central valley calif ,crew cab short box duals. Seems most time in summer full truck towing a MasterCraft or skinatique or quads and bikes. I thought " hmm.. all the room but not too long, pull anything".

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guy I work with has one with 7.4 and 4l80. Never seen a short box dual wheel truck. Motor misses and the trans has no reverse. I think it needs to come home with me
How many miles on it for it to have those mechanical issues? The 7.4 is pretty stout but if it's misfiring there could be a range of issues from simple to expensive. Reverse being out is kind of the weak link in the 4L80E which otherwise doesn't have many. It will likely need a rebuild.

99/00 from GM using leftover parts from the NBS switchover.
Dually fenders are shortbed specific.
Yep! If the fenders are in good shape, good. If they're not.. could be a little tricky to source.

Richard

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd ditch Roscoe (reg cab, long bed, single wheel C3500) for a crew cab, short bed, single wheel C3500 in a heartbeat. Not saying I don't like Roscoe at all.

Make an offer. You can't get it if you don't ask. I got Roscoe for free just by asking a coworker what he meant when he said, "I need to scrap that old truck in the pasture."