2000 K3500 4x4 CC DRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm starting to get some things done on the truck before my yearly Thanksgiving camping trip in so cal. I just got my 411 swap kit in the mail from Lextech :D

I’ve been looking for a good steering wheel replacement. I’m not sure why but the stock wheel hurts my hands on long trips, it feels like the material is disintegrating or something.

I haven’t found one I like but I did find a solution for $10 that has made me very happy.
You must be registered for see images attach

You slip this loop of leather over the stock wheel and stitch it on yourself, much better and actually cheaper than a conventional steering wheel cover.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have a newer airbag wheel. I want to nerd out and retrofit dual bags. Gonna be tough since most junkyards won't sell airbags. Luckily I already have the wheel and driver bag.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I ASSume it's all bolt in and go, I actually have the entire column so ribbon cable and all that is in there. Also opens up the option for early GMT800 steering wheel stereo controls, but I have maintenance and manly mods ahead of all that.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anything new with the build?

Yes, I was actually about to start posting again. I've been really busy lately but i've finally had some time to get back to truck projects.
Late last year I had to have my trany rebuilt right before our Thanksgiving camping trip, it sucked paying for it but shifts perfect now.

Recent things I've finished are:
Replaced all speakers
Added a double din stereo with backup camera and sirius xm
Added overhead console with DIC
Wideband installed (just finished yesterday)

I have a stack of to-do projects waiting for the time to finish:
Double battery wiring
411 ecu
hp tuners

I hope to get a few minutes this coming weekend to swap the 411 finally and start tuning, fingers crossed