2000 K2500 crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1990sss10

Reaction score
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/new-member-2000-k2500.42472/

Engine out for a garage rebuild for a little more power.
You must be registered for see images attach

188,000 mile L29. I drove it home about 30 miles after the PO wasted the bearings. Even eating itself alive, it fired right up and drove pretty well.

Parts gathering phase. The heads are Pro comp 300cc oval ports. Other than the heads I bought decent parts. Experience and failure has taught me (mostly) to do it right the first time around.

EFI setup is changing a little bit. Holley single plane and fuel rails, Ebay 102 mm throttle body, and 50 lb injectors from a 2010 Chevy. Some don't seem to like the 50 lb'ers, but I used them on my turbo ly6 and they worked great for $129 for new units.

I used the stock L29 injector harness. I ended up re-doing the whole harness to fit the new fuel rail arrangement and eliminate the harness adapters.

I disassembled the throttle body to make sure it would work. I polished the throttle plate and re-centerd it on the shaft. there were a few small gaps between the blade and the throttle body bore and the plate would rub as it opened. Overall it is a decent piece for $80, but I would highly recommend completely blowing it apart, checking all the clearances and bearings, and using OEM sensors.

I did the obligatory 0411 swap. Big thanks to Lextech for the pinout, that job would be impossible for me without it. FYI I dropped the 0411 into the black box mount and slid the stock retaining clip over the one lip of the ECM and it is mounted solid.

The truck was sold as having a "flowmaster exhaust".

I found the miter cuts and mounts and decided to scrap the whole thing. The new exhaust will follow the same route, but dual 3" 304 pipes with an x-pipe.

Last edited:

1990sss10

Reaction score
Short block back together. I ended up at 11.3:1 with 30cc domes and a relatively small Lunati cam. I live and drive at 4400 feet and up so I'm hoping it works out. Worst case scenario I have a methanol system worked out in my head.

Melling high volume pump. I ordered a stock pickup for the stock pan, but somehow ended up with 1.25" pickup clearance. It was easier to modify than to swap out the pickup. A couple miter cuts and tack welds to the body and I have 9/16" clearance. I also added a hardened drive shaft and metal coupler for peace of mind.

A little redneck paint booth