2000 K2500 4WD Issue, Wiring Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I research the more I'm thinking that the 99+ GMT400s are just a bit different than the 98's and below when it comes to some of the wiring.

I can easily send you the entire section from the 1998 manual which covers the transfer case. If you want it, PM me with an email address and I'll ship it out.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 2000 Service Manual and Unit Repair Manual. Could you please let me know what you need? I can scan the images and upload them here for you.

Edit: Here is the schematics for 2000 manual transmission and NP241.

Attachments

• Transfer Case Control Schematics (NVG Transfer Case Circuit-Manual Transmission).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Repstar

Reaction score
@xXxPARAGONxXx I think your attachment is just what I was looking for! Much appreciated. Does your manual list where grounds G105 and G202 are located? The '98 manual I have says they are located in the following spots, wondering if they are the same for 2000:
G105: RF of Engine block
G202: RH of IP, mounted to HVAC Plenum Bracket

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@xXxPARAGONxXx I think your attachment is just what I was looking for! Much appreciated. Does your manual list where grounds G105 and G202 are located? The '98 manual I have says they are located in the following spots, wondering if they are the same for 2000:
G105: RF of Engine block
G202: RH of IP, mounted to HVAC Plenum Bracket

Please see attachments.

Attachments

• G-105.pdf
    785.8 KB · Views: 6
  • G-202.pdf
    742.7 KB · Views: 7

Repstar

Reaction score
UPDATE: I was finally able to get the truck in the garage and work on it. Short story is the 4WD is working again! Details below.
I swapped out the transfer case switch for a new one since they are only $12 each. Then I cleaned up ground G105 which is on the front of the engine block. G105 and G202 look like the main grounds involved with engaging 4WD for my truck. G105 was nasty and I'm not sure the stud was even snug in the block. I couldn't find G202 after pulling the glove box but figured if it's behind the dash it's likely protected and in decent shape. I cleaned up a few other grounds in the engine compartment and gave them all a copious application of dielectric grease. 4WD is now working. I suspect it was the bad G105 ground but not 100% sure. Time will tell if it stays fixed or not.
Thanks for the help.