2000 GMC K2500 resto/cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
No overflow bottle? ..or you just haven't gotten back in yet?
Not yet. Waiting for a new, unstained one to get here...flushed the block and heater core today. Going to finish plumbing the heating and cooling tomorrow.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Not yet. Waiting for a new, unstained one to get here...flushed the block and heater core today. Going to finish plumbing the heating and cooling tomorrow.

A nice bright one will look great with everything else you've done. I've cleaned mine out before, but they don't clean up very well once they get really dirty.

It's looking fantastic!

Reaction score
Slow day. Took the remaining bits of the paramedic stickers off with the eraser wheel and gave her a wash.
You must be registered for see images attach

Got the w/t grille cleaned up and test fitted. Loomed up a little more of the wiring

Last edited:
Reaction score
The burb now moves entirely using its own power. Tis a great day... finished flushing the radiator. Used a chelating agent to pull all that rust out of the block.20ish gallons of ro water and deruster pushed through.ran er for awhile let it sit overnight and then flushed with distilled till it ran clear(18 gal)

Installed a brass 3/4 tee where the old dodge coolant temp sensor was. Top goes to heater core bottom is a 1/4 turn boiler drain to aid in backflushing the motor.worked well.

Derustification gradiant

As she sat pre test drive. the mrs is riding shotgun

After a couple victory laps around the yard

Still lots of bugs to work out, but she's moving.

Reaction score
So one gallon for the whole system? Maybe I'll do that.

I used 1 bottle for the block. There was a good amount of visible rust in the thermostat housing pre flush and now it looks like new cast iron. I'd say it worked rather well...I left an old unused oil pan gasket in the solution overnight to make sure it's claims to not damage rubber were legit, which they were.

Reaction score
She's officially a road worthy vehicle.
Finally got the new front bumper from lmc. Headlight buckets from eBay arrived ahead of schedule.
Got em both, along with the grill and freshly painted filler piece installed post haste.(filler was still a little wet when i installed it and the bumper isn't centered)
Can't decide if I'm going to paint the bumpers white, I'm kinda digging them black
Pre test drive

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media