2000 GMC K2500 resto/cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i was browsing around trying to find a 6.5 diesel suburban about 2 months ago and i saw THIS EXACT SUBURBAN, good to see someone giving it a new life, nice work on cleaning/painting the engine bay.

Thanks man. I was looking for a 6.5 as well, but this one was too clean and close and affordable to pass up. All the extra ambulance wiring and roof penetrations have been an added hassle, but it's getting there slowly.

Reaction score
Engine bay is prepped and the motor is finally all ready to drop in, so it rained all weekend...I laid in the relative dry space under the burban and got the remainder of the broken trans mount bolt out...cleaned up the trans crossmember and got it painted. (Easily the filthiest part on that truck. Power washing, 2 cans of foaming degreaser, excessive amounts of wire brushing, several washes with purple power and dawn and it was almost ready for paint)
You must be registered for see images attach

Wiring all tidied up and loomed. Still need to add the fuel stop solenoid, and lengthen a few of the ac switch wires, but done with the big stuff

Reaction score
Got some of the intercooler piping done. Then the rain showed up. So I cleaned up the garage and organized all the nuts and bolts...wish the burb fit into the garage, seems I'm always waiting for the weather to cooperate

On a side note, any first responders know what this box is used for? Has two large cables that run from the box to the battery. What type of gizmos can I plug in there?

Reaction score
Got the downpipe conundrum solved. 1st gen dodge 4" diamond eye with a wedge removed. It's tighter to the firewall than I'd like, but I'm hoping a double layer of exhaust wrap will mitigate that issue.

Reaction score
Isn't there a more forward exhaust manifold that you could use?
I haven't seen one that was more towards the front, but there probably is. I know there is a low rear mount available that a few gmt400 cummins swaps have used. and the stock center mount manifold can be flipped to make it a high mount as well... but I already had this downpipe, and a mig.

Here is the low mount. Crummins used this on his burban

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Got some of the intercooler piping done. Then the rain showed up. So I cleaned up the garage and organized all the nuts and bolts...wish the burb fit into the garage, seems I'm always waiting for the weather to cooperate

On a side note, any first responders know what this box is used for? Has two large cables that run from the box to the battery. What type of gizmos can I plug in there?

I'm loving this swap and your work............that gizmo box is generally for a quick connect of jumper cables, winch leads or and 12/24v power source you'd want.