2000 GMC K2500 resto/cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
What trans did you put behind that Cummins? Any more pics from the swap? Bolt in mounts or did you make your own?
haven't done the swap yet, soon though. Pulling the motor out of the burb this week. Using the 4l80 with a us shift quick 4 controller. Making my own motor mounts. Ill be sure to post some pics

Reaction score
I'll bet all those extra relays, big alternator and wiring was for a plow. Can you see if the frame has evidence of plow mounts?

Could be. It does have the rpo for a plow package. Didn't see any plow mounts or holes up front to mount the controller. There is a small unidentified box under the front bumper though.going to investigate more once the engine is out

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
With the number on the roof, it looks like some sort of municipal vehicle.... law enforcement? Fire? Maybe the relays were for lights and sirens?

Reaction score
It was a paramedic truck for north shore hospital in ny. Some relays were for the roof lights and wig wags. Not sure what the rest were for yet. Imagine ill spend a while sorting through engine bay wiring

Reaction score
Got the 5.7 pulled
You must be registered for see images attach

Should've removed the core support before the motor, still unsure why I didn't

Hacked a good amount of the core support out to get the 2nd gen dodge intercooler in there. But it fits 454 aluminum rad, ac condenser and hood latch all in their stock locations

Electric fans from an 07 gmc2500 fit perfectly over the rad. Going to chop the top off the diesel fan shroud for the top

Reaction score
Gutted the interior.(ditched the cloth seats and picked up leather seats from a cleaner burban). primed the floor pans and firewall. Put a few coats of por15 on the frame and inner fenders. Trimmed the motor mounts and trans tunnel lip to fit the cummins

2 coats each of the lizard skin sound control and thermal ceramic on the floors, firewall and trans tunnel. Rolled on the sound control. sprayed the thermal on with an undercoating gun, was messier.came out good though

Pulled the rack and other misc roof lights/brackets and sealed up the holes.

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I concur.i will always have more than one gmt400.and one of those will always be GM storm grey metallic...you will be happy to know the new white donor body is from good ol ken-tucky (the rust free part)
Lol that’s surprising,it’s rare I see a clean gmt400 cab up here

Reaction score
I actually got around to cleaning out that cab, the original owner was in Georgia.found some of his personal items under the seat/carpet. Guess the second owner was Kentucky folk

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and then there is this peculiar diaphragm thing with a pull chain on the throttle body cable bracket. It has a vacuum line running from it to a little manifold on the firewall.never seen one of these before
That doo-hickey looks like an aftermarket cruise control.

Reaction score
Got the sump installed in the new fuel tank which also got a few coats of primer n paint. Removed the fuel pump, cleaned the housing, attempted to install new delco fuel level sending unit, didn't fit...

Didn't like the amount of belt wrap on the alternator pulley(or lack thereof) so I whipped up an idler pulley bracket.now there may be too much belt wrap(if that is a thing.opinions?)
Got all of the accessories n brackets painted and mounted.
Switched out the bulky dodge oil pressure and coolant temp sensors for some normal looking GM units.
Hooked up on the hoist ready for installin

Pulled the exhaust and all of the old fuel/brake lines. Painted the drivers frame and installed the new brake and fuel lines. Also put the airdog on whilst I was toiling away under the truck