2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a pretty good day at the pick-n-pull this afternoon. Went looking for the Keyless Entry Receiver, and ended up with a few other interior bits from the same Suburban.

I was missing the floor vent pieces, and the ashtray lid was broken. The wires for the driver door tweeter were cut, so I snipped that out. Grabbed a GTM800 trailer harness end to go with my new combo 4&7 way plug.

I wasn’t planning on grabbing the dash surround, but it was mint, and $11. The AD244 alternator wasn’t in the plans either but it was $25 with a $5 core charge, so couldn’t pass that up. My CS144 alternator is beginning to make angry sounds, so I might just swap to the AD244 instead of rebuilding. Last is a GMT800 Tow/Haul shift lever. I’ll throw that in the parts pile if I ever do a ‘411 PCM swap.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, it’s a C3500. Not sure if the rake is exasperated by that monster leaf pack or not, but it’s a good 3” front to back.

Here’s the knobs. I laugh at what we’ve become as consumers. This dealer is literally 10min from my house, but I can’t get my ass off the couch. Oh well, keeps USPS going.
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/gm-s-knob-84141127
Thanks for this, I just ordered 10 of these! Lowest price I've seen on them.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just be advised that they weren’t in stock when I ordered. It took about 2 weeks maybe, but they provided great communication. Tasca even text with a USPS tracking number when it shipped.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Managed to get contort myself enough to get that RKE receiver installed last night. I have functioning interior lights again, so that’s nice. I need to source a transmitter now. I hear good things about that guy on eBay. Anyone have any experience with them?

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I’ve been off the grid for a bit but finally got back from camping. I wish I could report it was an uneventful trip, but it wasn’t in the cards. I blew a small hole in the lower radiator hose. I was pumping out more rusty coolant directly into the fan. Ended up with quite the mess under the hood.

At some point the belt rubbed on the hose causing a weak spot. I had seen this several times while poking under the hood, but decided it didn’t warrant my attention. I won’t be making that mistake again.

This is the offending hose removed after laying in the mud at my campsite. Fun. I went straight into the lake afterwards.

For some reason the truck was running quite warm on the highway. I was seeing anywhere from 210-230 depending on traffic. I found with a long following distance, I could keep it around 210-215. This proved nearly impossible with all the fine New England drivers.

So I’m thinking airflow issue. Not being familiar with these trucks, I’m wondering if there is some baffling missing around the radiator or something. I’ll get a few pictures of what I’m working with, and hopefully someone can tell me if I’m missing something.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With all the bullshit of the trip behind us, our camp crew had an amazing time. I suck with taking pictures. I tend to live in the moment, rather than through a screen or lens.

Here’s one of the only pictures I managed to grab. I’m on the roof of my buddies truck camper. My popup and truck are in the next site over.

We all hated the place so much, we booked the same week next year.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Wow, nice place!

Sorry about the lower hose. I just replaced mine while doing a new radiator. I hated to replace it, as I think it should be able to go a few more years, but the ends did seem a bit softer than I thought they should be too, and I have had an upper hose blow on the highway before. I already had a new AC Delco hose on my parts shelf, so I put it on. The truck originally had some of that convoluted tubing around the lower hose... same stuff that's all over the wiring, but much larger. I need to get a new piece, as my original finally decided to crack. That would have helped with your belt rubbing problem, I think.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually had it on the hose and reused it on the new one. It just didn’t protect that particular area.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, my water pump puked a half gallon the day before I left for MI. Now with the blower it pushes oil out the dipstick hole in the pan. The trailer chains and undrrneath are all oily, but at least I don't have to sweat that leak on the way home.