2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I made it back home without incident. The only causality was my driveway. Gotta order up some shoes and get that damn hub sealed up. This is ridiculous.
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyhow, the return trip was much easier. I didn’t think we packed that much booze, but damn that trailer was heavy. Come to find out both the gray and black tanks were probably about half full on the ride up there. Made it back home using about half the gas, and stayed around 65-70mph except for the longest hills. Hell, even the exhaust was bearable southbound. I feel much better about the truck now. Just gotta get the wife to pack a little lighter.

Last edited:

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did a little poking around in the interweb this morning for truck stuff. Hit the button on this bad boy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Walker 22231 bus muffler. Cheapest I found was Summit last year for like $125. Down side, it looks like the Diamondeye kit has gone up. Can you get just the tailpipe from Diamondeye? I have no need for all the other pipes.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I used that muffler with just the 2 piece tailpipe from Diamondeye. I needed to weld on my own hangers though, stock is 1/2" diameter vs the more typical 3/8" you get at the parts store.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a pic of yours from a few weeks back showing the pipe. What size spare do you have, and is that some sort of mudflap mount I see in there?

I’m going to try to contact Diamondeye directly to see if I can get the tail pipe pieces and the clamp/hanger. I’m going to need a couple band clamps for the muffler too. Knew I was forgetting something when I hit the Amazon button.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Something you rigged up or was it already there? I’d like to get a better look at it. I’m going to get some with the stainless weights to protect the camper, but don’t want to screw into the hips.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Flaps were there on the donor bed. I ended up bending it for more clearance with the exhaust.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a pic of yours from a few weeks back showing the pipe. What size spare do you have, and is that some sort of mudflap mount I see in there?

I’m going to try to contact Diamondeye directly to see if I can get the tail pipe pieces and the clamp/hanger. I’m going to need a couple band clamps for the muffler too. Knew I was forgetting something when I hit the Amazon button.
Let me know what comes out of this because that’s all i want is the tailpipe too!